Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
siren_zpspnwc9lwa.jpg

:smokin

Genesis - A Trick of the Tail :banana:

Trick.jpg
A really good album, but the SACD/DVD multichannel is one hot/loud mastering - enough for me to not reach for this one more than very occasionally :(

I also have the Gabriel era box and the Live box - even if not perfect in any way, both of them are better on this account IMHO.

Quadio - Chicago (II), "Ballet for a Girl in Buchannon"

To my ears, one of the best modern song sequences ever recorded. The quad version is very discrete and envelops the listener in the middle of the band. An immersive and ultimately emotive experience. As with many great mix/masters w/good dynamics - best played at relatively high volumes. :smokin:smokin:smokin

Chicago-Quadio.jpgChicago II.jpg

Listening now to Chicago III Quadio 5.1 such a fine box set, best of 2016. I am going to spend a couple hours cataloging some 35 discs of various varietys in my MusicCollectorz data base library. I have been lazy the last 6 weeks.

Black Sabbath, Paranoid, 5.1 DTS, so fucking good at 78db. Why would anybody knock this ? 5 450 watt amps, great /awesome DAC takes care of everything for a awesome listening experience of a top 500 album.

Black Sabbath, Paranoid, 5.1 DTS, so fucking good at 78db. Why would anybody knock this ? 5 450 watt amps, great /awesome DAC takes care of everything for a awesome listening experience of a top 500 album.

I am so confused after reading the reviews/discussion on the poll for this. LOL! :mad:@: There seems to be different versions floating around. I haven't listened to mine in a while. IIRC, it sounded like double stereo. No doubt about it being a great album, though. Rock on, Mark! :brew

Back