Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listened to both Anathema dvd yesterday. Here because we are here and weather systems both are excellent. Today it's Lighthouse in honour of Skip.

And of course..........more Tull.

Thick As A Brick. DTS DVD the lads had some fun making this disc which is a bit of a Lark, but what a great sounding Lark !!:D

20170825_171220.jpg

(DANG!!! ONE MILLION VIEWS for this thread???? There sure are a LOOOOOOOT of lurkers in here....)

I couldn't help it and since I saw her live last year -basically four feet away from her and came home SMELLING of her perfume!- I got ANOTHER copy of the Argentinian pressing, which is not a Dual Disc but a CD and DVD(as it should be) and I listened to it..and opened up another can of earworms!!!!....

Can't stress how good this sounds in spite of being a Dullbee stream only....yes, it's in 4:3 (it's from 2005!) and there is music in the menu and a bit shoddy authoring, navigation wise, but , for 11 Euros incl S&H, new , it's a steal (from fleabay)...

Julietaaaaaa rules!

R-4807629-1376164992-6815.jpeg.jpg

Oh man. Thought for a second that I had missed the release of Surfing With the Alien in 5.1, which would kick ass!
How is the concert mix?

Bit of a tame surround ?, perhaps . Most of these Montreaux discs are . I usually buy them for the artist's performance . The only disc I found, so far, that has great or good surround to match performance would be Lou Reed's Montreaux .

It's a bit of a crap shoot with Eagle Vision issued live surround , but I think the Montreaux's are generally better than their regular live editions .
But if you like the artist , like I do, then always go for it.

Back