Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of Ozzy's come to mind....but unfortunately...he does a damn lot of talking....

Yeah but I love it on his show when Sharon gives him shit , and he very sheepishly states : "But I'm the prince of fu**in' darkness ". :LOL:
Makes me laugh .

Got his Budokhan 5.1 SACD on my shopping list ......so maybe one day I can listen to him on hs Crazy Train.

A New World Record would be pretty sweet in 5.1 I think...

I'm not 100% certain , but I believe "New World Record " was the title Mr. Wilson mentioned on his top ten for surround list.

For Me , I'd love for Jeff Lynne and Co. to release the 2 quad titles , ELO 2nd album , and Eldorado . Well at least before they deteriorate . And of course let S.W. tackle the early catalogue , all of those 1970's releases in surround , unless of course Mr.Lynne wants to.

Say what??? Ozzy has an SACD????????????

CBS/Sony's "Live At Budokhan " released sometime in early 2000 of course , and there is a dvd which I keep passing up.

Also he may also be on the CBS/Sony 5.1SACD of "Live At Ozzfest " , but I'm not certain , again released in the U.S and elsewhere sometime in early.

I would of thought you being a big Ozzy fan might of heard about them , but ok NOW you know.

Went a bit Clapton crazy yesterday so.....

A variety of quad and 5.1 listens.

20180117_184504.jpg

I'm not 100% certain , but I believe "New World Record " was the title Mr. Wilson mentioned on his top ten for surround list.

For Me , I'd love for Jeff Lynne and Co. to release the 2 quad titles , ELO 2nd album , and Eldorado . Well at least before they deteriorate . And of course let S.W. tackle the early catalogue , all of those 1970's releases in surround , unless of course Mr.Lynne wants to.

I think it was actually Out Of The Blue- also a great choice for surround!

In The Windmills of your mind!

Halnaker_Windmill%2C_East_Sussex%2C_UK_-_A26566.jpg

DON QUIXOTE... THEY ARE NOT GIANTS!!!!!!!!!
(very appropriate, I am REreading Don Quijote, I read it about 15 years ago .. of course in Spanish , one of the best printings ever.. Colecciones Castalia, with Archaisms and plenty of footnotes... very cheap at fleabay.. and savoring it for what it is... not a Masterpiece.. but the next thing after that!!! hint.. the real masterpiece is the second book where Cervantes integrates real life /fiction from real life in his book... MIND BLOWING.. but then, I am straying from SURROUND...sorry for the detour!)

DON QUIXOTE... THEY ARE NOT GIANTS!!!!!!!!!
(very appropriate, I am REreading Don Quijote, I read it about 15 years ago .. of course in Spanish , one of the best printings ever.. Colecciones Castalia, with Archaisms and plenty of footnotes... very cheap at fleabay.. and savoring it for what it is... not a Masterpiece.. but the next thing after that!!! hint.. the real masterpiece is the second book where Cervantes integrates real life /fiction from real life in his book... MIND BLOWING.. but then, I am straying from SURROUND...sorry for the detour!)

I read Don Quixote in college and you'll chuckle at this.....I saw the Original Cast of Man of La Mancha on Broadway with Richard Kiley as a starving college student and loved every minute of it*.......with sidekick Sancho Panza and love interest Esperanza.

They don't make 'em like they used to. Now Broadway rehashes Hollywood Movies [Mean Girls........Harry Potter.......Pretty Woman...the Graduate, etc.]

*One could buy orchestra seats for as little as $10 back in the day....to dream THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM!

Dusted off an old DVD-V of Metallica...Cunning Stunts...just to hear Enter Sandman...from 1997

The Devil's Music.......when you could better be spending your time reading Gideon's Bible, Clinty? In the beginning ........

Enroute from Deep Discount: MORE Devil's Music: The Song Remains The Same ....... LEP ZEP without the silly amateurish family video footage ....... in BD~A 5.1! Will it be discrete .... or effete?

120f2335fd640c70172997371807bf3a--scott-eastwood-allposters-com.jpg

Clinty....battling his demons?

Last edited:
Back