Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on a roll here (means no one is complaining about my choices:banana:):
Screen shot 2015-02-28 at 5.33.01 PM.jpg

Blood Sweat & Tears SACD (Stereo)

Man...this sounds excellent. And yeah...it has my favorite version of Spinning Wheel. This is as good as it gets....

Blood Sweat & Tears SACD (Stereo)

Man...this sounds excellent. And yeah...it has my favorite version of Spinning Wheel. This is as good as it gets....

I actually like this version(disc) better than the multichannel...this thread is for surround..but you get a pass on this one...I wondered if you would feel the same as I do...

Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow (SACD 5.1)

I'm honestly surprised this sounds as good as it does. Very good...actually outstanding......and we all know about Beck and his guitar pyrotechnics....

I actually like this version(disc) better than the multichannel...this thread is for surround..but you get a pass on this one...I wondered if you would feel the same as I do...
Do you mean this one? Just checked and (don't have it:() it's gotten pricey:
Screen shot 2015-02-28 at 5.50.49 PM.png

Tull - Aqualung (Blu-Ray Audio)

wow....sounds amazing....hearing stuff I didn't know was there. Need to buy this.

Whoa....Cross Eyed Mary! Exceptional sound, great tune of course. Sort of forgot about this song. I also remember Iron Maiden did a cover of this....but now that I hear this....Tull's version is WAY better.

Boz Scaggs - DIG (DVD-Audio Advanced Resolution)

Outstanding mix, super music.

Love Vanishing Point...great song...IMO that song is as good as Lido Shuffle and Lowdown(his hits)...and of course King of El Paso...I'd love a good surround treatment of the Silk Degrees album...he did that DIG album in 2001 when most people had written his career off...with the exception of that noise on Sarah(the second song)...an outstanding disc..

Love Vanishing Point...great song...IMO that song is as good as Lido Shuffle and Lowdown(his hits)...and of course King of El Paso...I'd love a good surround treatment of the Silk Degrees album...he did that DIG album in 2001 when most people had written his career off...with the exception of that noise on Sarah(the second song)...an outstanding disc..

What I would give for Silk Degrees in surround. Used to have the LP. No recall on where it went....

another one good one is paul McCartney and wings venus and mars and band on the run and if you like herb alpert passion Dance. I am from cleveland,ohio and it is hard to find those DTS surround music discs

Huggy, the DTS 5.1 discs are relatively expensive now because they were released in the 1997-2000 era and are out of production. The best ones reside in surround music fan's collections. You may stumble upon one in a used cd shop (if you can find one of those....), many of the DVD-A releases also have an option to play them in DTS surround....but most people would rather hear the lossless DVD-A 5.1 version if they have the capability to play it.
John - Part of the QQ rabble....

Back