Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i ought to have said a bit more, sorry! other 'surround friendly' engineers were involved in the various Crossroads releases over the years including Chuck Ainlay & Ed Cherney but afaik they were Elliot Scheiner's babies
It's fine, it wasn't meant as a slight ..just a nice surprise!!
Should have guessed with the quality!!

The engineers listing credits Scheiner for three Crossroads Guitar Festival releases: 2004, 2007, 2010. Is there one that stands above the others?

tbh i can't remember a thing about any of them, its been a long time with a lot of Quads filling up my surround memory banks in the last few years :giggle: 1 or 2 comparative comments in the past on QQ seemed to suggest that the '04 & '07 DVDs had better surround mixes than the 2010 BD?

Starting the evening by really cranking this one up LOUD! :smokin

rush-fly-by-night-620x349.jpg

Metallica - None More Black

Got my subs cranked up just a bit too much, and I'm loving it! 🐸
By the way, in case some may not know, Metallica did the black album cover as an homage to Spinal Tap, who originally wanted their album 'Smell the Glove' to have a man holding a girl by a leash and shoving a glove in her face, but the record company deemed it too sexist, so they just made the cover black.

It may be sacrilege, but this excellent ES mix needs some boosting of the rear channel levels, so I spent the day adjusting the rear channels of each song individually, then using "adjustable fade" to make sure all the crowd noises/songs flow seamlessly... what a great-sounding concert! (And lots of discrete rear channel goodies :) )

Back