Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why so White?
1609039942392.png
Beck Guero

POLL

Gong ‎– Rejoice! I'm Dead!
DVD Audio 5.1 mix

"One may question how many substances they should take to enter the world of Gong ?
However, listeners will find themselves easily elevated by the music and certainly the dimensional 5.1 mix found on the deluxe edition.
Thus, there is no need to risk your health or possible jail time to obtain pure ecstasy from Rejoice!"

MVIMG_20200309_121824.jpg

Gong-Rejoice-Im-Dead.jpg

The RPWL Stock album is very reasonably priced on the used market and contains a great surround mix. Be sure to also get World Through My Eyes if you don't have that one either. They're both really good with WTME being the better of the two, IMO.
Thanks @weekendtoy
My favorite RPWL:
RPWL ‎– Plays Pink Floyd's ‘The Man And The Journey’

Excellent covers of Floyd's 1969 period.

One of the many delights in perusing the Classical MULTI~CH SACD repertoire is the discovery of many obscure, superbly recorded treasures and one such 2 disc MULTI~CH SACD set from Jordi Savall's brilliant Alia Vox Label is

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GLKRVU?tag=hraudio-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcmVzdG8tY292ZXItaW1hZ2VzIiwia2V5IjoiNzk1MDgzNy4xLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6OTAwfSwianBlZyI6eyJxdWFsaXR5Ijo2NX0sInRvRm9ybWF0IjoianBlZyJ9LCJ0aW1lc3RhbXAiOjE0Mzg1OTg4MDV9

To celebrate Marin Marais' 350th birthday, Jordi Savall has made his first complete recording of Marais' most intricate work: the Suitte d'un Goût Etranger. As indicated in the detailed liner notes, these 33 pieces offer the quintessence of the art of Marais, with fascinating titles like La Rêveuse (The Dreamer), La Singulière (The Special), La Bizarre (The Weird), La Superbe (The Proud), including the final Badinage, full of nostalgia. No other work in the baroque repertoire surpasses this fabulous 'Suitte'.

Last edited:
Back