Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chase & Pure Music SACD

2 of my most played Quads. I bought these on 2ch LP, Q8, SQ and CD. Q8's are my most played versions.

Some fun, albeit gimmicky, especially Open Up Wide. Discrete mixes.

YOU NEED THESE IF YOU DIG QUAD AND/OR TRUMPETS 🎺

RIP Bill Chingalese (Chase)

Met Peterik. He would visit our store. Our Chuck was his bud. IDES played at Cermak Plaza in Berwyn in front of their high school 🏫 Same place as the car kabob.

lifelike - a bad think
* I'm really liking this one, but Bob Clearmountain, please get out of this heavy Center channel rut you're in. The front sound field is just too centric focused for me, I am not using a freakin' sound bar here- yeah! Or in other words Bob... "Remember to Forget" that heavy Center!

It also looks like the Center has some kind of limiter on it at about -6dbs; and what's that heavy line that shows up at around 36K?

P.S. - hopefully no Mix Engineers were harmed in the making of this Post 😁

abt-LL.jpg

abt-LL-waves.jpg

abt-LL-spectrog.jpg

Buddy Miles Express BOOGER BEAR/Buddy Miles & Carlos Santana LIVE [Columbia Records/Vocalion QUAD SACD two~fer]. Time to reassess BOOGER BEAR: It is an album of its time and as such, I've grown to appreciate the musicianship and the extraordinary discrete 4.0 remix. Though it lacks the bass of Miles/Santana LIVE, it's a blast in surround and so glad to have it in my collection. As for the second disc in this collection ..... a pure 10!

81tIif6H-4L._AC_SL1429_.jpg

Chase & Pure Music SACD

2 of my most played Quads. I bought these on 2ch LP, Q8, SQ and CD. Q8's are my most played versions.

Some fun, albeit gimmicky, especially Open Up Wide. Discrete mixes.

YOU NEED THESE IF YOU DIG QUAD AND/OR TRUMPETS 🎺

RIP Bill Chingalese (Chase)

Met Peterik. He would visit our store. Our Chuck was his bud. IDES played at Cermak Plaza in Berwyn in front of their high school 🏫 Same place as the car kabob.

I think Ides Of March were somewhat overlooked as a group with similarities to Chicago and Chase and BS&T.

Got to see them play as part of a trio of headliners at ManPop August 70. The other two were Iron Butterfly and the top bill was Led Zeppelin , around the time Zepp 3 was being completed. "The Gallows Pole" was quite outstanding,
considering they lost some equipment on stage in the downpour from a freak Thunderstorm.

😓

Great guys, those Ides. Peterik put together some rock and roll veterans for a PBS special: Buckinghams, Derringer, Cryan' Shames, Ides, American Breed and many more.

Peterik also has over $500,000 invested in vintage guitars in his home.

..."now I feel light years away from the west side of Chicago (Berwyn.)"
I think Ides Of March were somewhat overlooked as a group with similarities to Chicago and Chase and BS&T.

Got to see them play as part of a trio of headliners at ManPop August 70. The other two were Iron Butterfly and the top bill was Led Zeppelin , around the time Zepp 3 was being completed. "The Gallows Pole" was quite outstanding,
considering they lost some equipment on stage in the downpour from a freak Thunderstorm.

😓

Back