Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up next is...

Boz Scaggs - Dig
1659016928281.png 1659016960247.png

a quite tame MCH mix but, alas...David stayed in my apartment in Jamaica Plain, Boston, in 1987 for a few nights cause he is friends with all of my ex-roommates at the time...he is a class act...and extremely talented.. I remember a short jam session we all had and he left us with out jaws hanging ...THAT kind of talent!!!
My03MzAwLmpwZWc.jpeg

a quite tame MCH mix but, alas...David stayed in my apartment in Jamaica Plain, Boston, in 1987 for a few nights cause he is friends with all of my ex-roommates at the time...he is a class act...and extremely talented.. I remember a short jam session we all had and he left us with out jaws hanging ...THAT kind of talent!!!
My03MzAwLmpwZWc.jpeg

Ironically, KAP, I played this wonderful album the other night......a GREAT listen!

On a romantic vein...at first I eschewed this disc cause it didn't sound like the Joni I knew...I even went "OMG, SHE SOUNDS OLD!!!"...and now I know I was missing the point entirely!!!!
and then there are people who STILL question why Hi Res is used...try doing this in CD resolution and it will sound fine, but not this gorgeous, sorry...
OS5qcGVn.jpeg

An overlooked gem.
https://www.discogs.com/release/4235037-Todd-Rundgren-Liars
David Yaffe says: "When you hear Todd talk, he sounds like a tough, gruff guy with a deep voice. When you hear him sing, he sounds delicate. Both of them are real." This album is real. It could lose 3 or 4 songs and be a stronger album, maybe, but it still has lots of big, powerful, soulful (and occasionally silly and/or sardonic) synth-pop.

Last edited:
Back