Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50th Anniversary of the final Mott The Hoople Album ~ D-V quad SACD

Self-produced by the band.
Digging the flanged bass line in Alice.

Charted #11 UK, #28 USA
Great cover art by Roslav Szaybo.

1711721001942.png

The D-V three-fer pictured with my copy of the alternate USA cover of Mott:

1711720914510.jpeg

Then Evosound should have updated the booklet! Didn’t think a 90 year old would still able to master.
well the legendary engineer Al Schmitt was working at the top of the profession right up until the end - and he lived to 91..! 😋😆

although i agree the booklet credits are misleading, tbh i'm more curious who mixed the MultiCh, was it indeed Don Murray??

if so, now i'm more interested in picking up the Fourplay SACD since he did some of (arguably) the best Quads ever (O'Jays "Ship Ahoy", Harold Melvin "Black & Blue").. 🤔

well the legendary engineer Al Schmitt was working at the top of the profession right up until the end - and he lived to 91..! 😋😆

although i agree the booklet credits are misleading, tbh i'm more curious who mixed the MultiCh, was it indeed Don Murray??

if so, now i'm more interested in picking up the Fourplay SACD since he did some of (arguably) the best Quads ever (O'Jays "Ship Ahoy", Harold Melvin "Black & Blue").. 🤔
Dunno who did what so far; but as nicely mixed and dynamically airy this sounds- “someone cooked here!”

Adam, IAA has it for sale in Atmos; maybe Jonathan has info about it?

https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/product/between-the-sheets-fourplay-atmos-mkv-mp4/

Back