Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, with some Pimms & spliff
IMG_3195.jpeg

Hyps CHAOTIC PLANET Special Master Edition [Pony Canyon/hybrid Multi~CH SACD] A Uniquely Discrete Experience. Highly Recommended!

https://www.discogs.com/release/13230915-HYPS-Chaotic-Planet-Special-Master-Edition

https://www.amazon.com/CHAOTIC-PLANET-SPECIAL-MASTER-SACD-HYPS/dp/B0021UP35E

Primary
For those who wanted a copy of this without shelling out 100+ USD, the 5.1 mix of this was actually listed for digital purchase on e-Onkyo a while back, but it seems to have been delisted now. :( Oh well, back to eBay scouring.

For those who wanted a copy of this without shelling out 100+ USD, the 5.1 mix of this was actually listed for digital purchase on e-Onkyo a while back, but it seems to have been delisted now. :( Oh well, back to eBay scouring.
I posted an AmazonUS link in my listing above! There is one USED [VG] though Amazon for $23.55 + $3.99 s/h. May not have obi

Cowboy Junkies THE TRINITY SESSION [RCA/Analogue Productions hybrid Stereo SACD/UHJ encoded] Recorded in Trinity Church with a single CALREC omnidirectional microphone ambisonically, I have been listening to this stunning album for years and only when I played it last night on my new system through my Meridian 861 v.8 pre/pro in genuine FULL AMBISONIC decoding did I realize how absolutely mesmerizing it really sounds. Always considered AMBISONICS more ambient than fully discrete but this listening session proved me wrong. Instruments move from front to back, Margo Timmins' exquisite vocals remain anchored in the center with ambient bleed to the rears and at the end of Walking After Midnight....banter from the musicians is discretely heard front to rear. Trinity Sessions was recorded DDD [16b/44.1kHz] by the RCA recording team and was later mastered by Ryan Smith for Analogue Productions as a hybrid UHJ encoded SACD and it is this remaster I used for my listening session. To say it sounds extraordinary and revelatory is an understatement!

Primary
Secondary, 2 of 11

Last edited:
Cowboy Junkies THE TRINITY SESSION [RCA/Analogue Productions hybrid Stereo SACD/UHJ encoded] Recorded in Trinity Church with a single CALREC omnidirectional microphone ambisonically, I have been listening to this stunning album for years and only when I played it last night on my new system through my Meridian 861 v.8 pre/pro in genuine FULL AMBISONIC decoding did I realize how absolutely mesmerizing it really sounds. Always considered AMBISONICS more ambient than fully discrete but this listening session proved me wrong. Instruments move from front to back, Margo Timmins exquisite vocals remain anchored in the center with ambient bleed to the rears and at the end of Walking After Midnight....banter from the musicians is discretely heard front to rear. Trinity Sessions was recorded DDD [16b/44.1kHz] by the RCA recording team and was later mastered by Ryan Smith for Analogue Productions as a hybrid UHJ encoded SACD and it is this remaster I used for my listening session. To say it sounds extraordinary and revelatory is an understatement!

Primary
Secondary, 2 of 11
Ralphie, I’m going to have to revisit “The Trinity Sessions”! 😉

Back