Loggins and Messina - Self-Titled - Audio Fidelity 4.0 SACD (September 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"OUT OF THE CAR, LONGHAIR!"

Oh man, that brings back memories...

I used to run sound for a band that covered that tune. The bass player got bored hollering the same thing night after night, so he just started making stuff up:

"OUT OF THE CAR, DEAD BOY!!"

"OUT OF THE CAR, NANCY DREW!!"

"OUT OF THE CAR, JESUS!!"

"OUT OF THE CAR, MAYO-NAAAISSSE!!"

"OUT OF THE CAR, HITLER!!"

...And so on and on - most of them I can't even print here. It was kind of a mess, because he would think of something different every single night, and they were just so random, half the time the rest of the band could barely start playing again, they were all laughing so hard. Good times...

-- Jim

I ain't sayin' shit! :)

Must read into Jon's words and inflection...........hmmmmm :bounce

Jon left out the g on the word "saying".......hmmm what could that mean? :banana:

Also exclamation mark.......hhhhmmmmmm:mad:@:

Last time I got (sorta) in trouble for sayin', so I ain't even hinting. You could be right, you could be wrong, Amazon could be right, Amazon could be wrong. Who the hell knows? :)

Last time I got (sorta) in trouble for sayin', so I ain't even hinting. You could be right, you could be wrong, Amazon could be right, Amazon could be wrong. Who the hell knows? :)

Ah very crafty Jon :cool: It's a riddle?? Maybe every 2nd or 3rd letter...........must shove code into the Snood Enigma machine :xp:

Ah very crafty Jon :cool: It's a riddle?? Maybe every 2nd or 3rd letter...........must shove code into the Snood Enigma machine :xp:

Although the answer is clearly blowing in the wind, you might find it if you either sit in the waiting room or wait in the sitting room of the Old Same Place. The choice is yours. The answer is among you. You might even be standing on it.

Oh my!

Hee!

I'm not a huge country fan, but Jerry gets a pass, heh.

-- Jim ("...He jes' KNOCK 'em inna HEAD with a STUMP.")

I'll take each title of Loggins and Messina Quad please, and heh, throw in Jerry Reed too! They're all killer titles and artists. Thanks.

I'll take each title of Loggins and Messina Quad please, and heh, throw in Jerry Reed too! They're all killer titles and artists. Thanks.

I haven't heard any Jerry Reed requests yet. But his Quad tapes may still be in the Sony Music vaults.
And could make for some fun Multichannel SACDs.... :)

Maybe we could get Nilsson Schmilsson out first. Then do Jerry Reed sometime after that.

Although the answer is clearly blowing in the wind, you might find it if you either sit in the waiting room or wait in the sitting room of the Old Same Place. The choice is yours. The answer is among you. You might even be standing on it.

Oh my!

Snood nailed it!! :banana:

Oh my!

Both FIRESIGN THEATRE Quads would be ideal!!

I haven't heard any Jerry Reed requests yet. But his Quad tapes may still be in the Sony Music vaults.
And could make for some fun Multichannel SACDs.... :)

Was that album with US Male and Guitar Man mixed in quad? I'd give anything to hear it that way!

Was that album with US Male and Guitar Man mixed in quad? I'd give anything to hear it that way!

There were 3 Jerry Reed albums released in Quad by RCA Victor: Hot A' Mighty, Lord Mr. Ford and The Uptown Poker Club.
Those songs aren't on the 3 Jerry Reed Quads from what is shown of the album listings on the web.

The more I think about this release, I'm pretty fired up. I love this disc.....love, love, love the tune Angry Eyes...that should sound absolutely amazing in Quad...

Back