• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a QRX-0001 series receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jobucks

Hey I'm looking for a Sansui receiver, any of the QRX-0001 series. Has anyone got one they want to part with, trade (whatever you want/need) or sell outright? I noticed some said that "quadbob" has some that he "rebuilds" and sells? If that is right "quadbob" how about giving me a "post/shout"? Thanks!

I have one you can have cheap as its not working right. If you want one to plug and play, then this one is NOT for you. If you are thinking of getting one to rehab, as quad bob does extremely well, then this one is perfect, as he has already done part of the job, so the rehab will be cheaper. If interested, just let me know. As I say, if you want one you can use immediately, then I would buy one from quad bob direct. The problem, as I found, is that these babys are old enough that if you get one, expect to recap/resotore it soon. They are too complex and have too much squeezed into them to still be going strong for the most part at this age.
Marc

Hey Marc,
Thanks for the reply. I noticed that somewhere else on here you mentioned that you had a 6001 that you had bought on ebay and it had problems. That you had "bob" redo the "boards" but that wasn't the problem. I'm a "newbie" here, at this site, how do you and others here contact each other? Do you just "post" your email address here? I might possibly be interested in your unit. Also, how does a person contact "quadbob"? Isn't that the person who does the "rehab" etc. on these units, that others have mentioned on this site?
I guess I am one of the "lucky ones." I used to have a 6001, when they 1st came out. Wanted to get another quad, went to a couple "sites" and asked about various Sansui QRX models. Hadn't found this site yet and at the ones I found I was told that any of the QRX models had the "vario-matrix" and were the same. I bought a QRX-4500 off ebay. Luckily the seller was honest and it was just about mint condition with manual etc. It works like new, however, unluckily, it just didn't sound like I thought it should when playing my quad albums and tapes on it. The sound was real clean and good, just didn't have the separation that I thought that I remembered them having. Of course I'm using a 5.1 system now so thought maybe because of listening to it, and it is good, that the "old" quad just wasn't as good. But then "found" this site and asked a couple days or so ago and a couple of the people here informed me that indeed the 0001 series of receivers were "better" then the QRX-xx00 were. So, thought that I'd see about getting a 0001 series and try it in home.
Anyway, I'd like to "talk" with you about the one you have and "talk" with "bob" and see what I could do about getting a 0001 series. I don't know if you read the various "posts" on this site but the 2nd or so one I did here I explained that I've got a pretty good system in the house. What I really want is the "surround" portion so I can go from it to my system. The power, FM portion etc. etc. doesn't really matter, I've got all that covered. However, I thought about receiver cause I could use it for the "balance" control for the 4 channels although I already have enough equipment to do the job using a couple of my other pieces.
So, if you want, tell me how we can contact each other and we can discuss the unit you'd like to sell. I'd also like to contact "bob" to see if he'd be willing to "redo" the unit and of course what it would cost.

Hello and welcome! Quad bob can be a bit ellusive. I know he looks at this site as he has commented to me about things on it, but he doesn't post, I suspect, due to time constraints. Anyway, my email is
[email protected]
It sounds like a quad bob restore would be perfect for your system. He puts ports on the receivers to allow them to be used as a preamp/quad control center. This allows you to use it as a control center and for decoding. He also rehabs the decoder boards, which he already did to mine, including an adjustment of the blend control to increase separation. Bob maintains that the qs separation is on the order of 30 db. That's pretty discrete! I know Bob has receivers for sale and he would obviously be willing to rehab one of them for you. Mine might be a little cheaper as some of the work has already been done. If you want to contact me directly, I can get ahold of bob and see what he has to say. I don't feel comfortable giving out his email until he says its ok. Then if you opt for mine to be rehabbed, great. If you opt for one of Bob's that he rehabs, I'm sure you'll be happy with it too! I can assure you that the decoding from one of Bob's rehabbed units will blow your 4500 out of the water! Its a next generation decoder, plus Bob's 'enhancement' to the pcbs. Look forward to hearing from you.
Marc

Hey Marc,
Just sent you an email. Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it!

Ok, I think we almost have this handled!

All three of us are trading emails, and hopefully Ray will soon have a restored QRX-6001 for his system! We'll just have to wait for his review here!

If there's anyone else with questions concerning Sansui QRX receivers.....just drop me a note.

Quad Bob:cool:

As some of you may know, QuadBob did my QRX-999 (QRX-9001) last year, and I must HIGHLY reccomend to anyone with a QRX to seriously consider having Bob do it. It is not cheap, but he treats the thing like it is his own, and the quality of work performed is unparalleled! The results are amazing!

If you want a QRX that is better than having a new one in 1977, ship one to QB!

No brag, just fact............

:-jon

:cool:

Hey Bob, what do ya think, this hat go pretty good with my "Zut Suite"!?

"Yous can call me Ray"!!!:rollin:

I have a QRX 7001 sitting collecting dust in my back closet. Decoder and tuner works fine. Right rear amp has some distortion and one or two panel lamps are out. All the high level inputs work (tape, aux, etc.) but haven't connected a turntable to it in YEARS!. So I don't know if that is still clean. The thing weighs in at about 60 + lbs. and that is why I have held off selling it. (Was also keeping it for spare parts for my QSD-2 decoder-I believe the boards and parts are the same.But the excellentlt built outboard decoder still keeps chugging along feeding the 5.1 inputs of my receiver.)
It would be a bear to ship. I have window air conditioners that weigh less than this thing! So shipping will be expensive. ( And that's not counting medical bills for my back!)
Anyway, anyone interested in taking off my hands? Email me. Not looking for a lot of money. Around $100 or so in addition to the shipping charges. Just want to free up some space and ensure the 7001 gets a good home. I don't want to throw it out.
Kevin

Hi Kevin!

I sent a message to your Inbox as I didn't see your email address. I also forgot to add mine. It is (with the obvious changes to avert spammers) circularvibes at rogers dot calm. Hope to hear from you soon!

Happy Listening!
Matthew

Back