Marantz SR7012 receiver has turned itself off twice already(Mac/hdmi/Marantz/Denon troubleshooting-a play in 3 acts)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this combo and I am very happy with it…the ONLY thing that is missing is a headphone output…
https://summithifiusa.com/collectio...-of-at-300-16-channel-processor-ad-7100-combo
I use one of the auxilliary outputs to a small amplifier that sits under my chair. My Harmony remote is programmed to switch that aux output with the main output, and it has a volume control for it as well. Don’t know if such a setup is an option for you or not, but I rigged up something that works for me. BTW, my pre-pro is a Marantz 7701.

I use one of the auxilliary outputs to a small amplifier that sits under my chair. My Harmony remote is programmed to switch that aux output with the main output, and it has a volume control for it as well. Don’t know if such a setup is an option for you or not, but I rigged up something that works for me. BTW, my pre-pro is a Marantz 7701.
hell, now I can basically use mt SR7012 as a Heaphones amp if I wanted to!

I put a 100 ohm resistor in series with each headphone driver.

I wasn't thinking of damage. It sounds better. The driver is not overdriven to the point of distorting.
Sticking that size resistor in series with an 8 Ohm headphone changes the amp from a voltage source to a current source, drastically reducing the damping factor. I haven’t done any study of headphone drivers flopping around on their own, but it doesn’t seem like it would be an issue.

Back