Marillion "Holidays in Eden" remix from Stephen W Tayler in September 2022!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, it has also been confirmed that the This Strange Engine album will get the deluxe-treatment next. Some of the songs on that one (the end section of Man of 1000 Faces, the title song) would be incredible in 5.1 or perhaps even Atmos.

By the way, it has also been confirmed that the This Strange Engine album will get the deluxe-treatment next. Some of the songs on that one (the end section of Man of 1000 Faces, the title song) would be incredible in 5.1 or perhaps even Atmos.
That's really good news. I wonder if they will continue with the 5.1s and if that's the case, I hope they'll settle down with a unique mixer (that is not Mr Hunter) and convince SW to remix Marbles himself. Neverland and Ocean Cloud should be surround heaven if done properly.

Just to confirm that the Breaking Records bluray reissue, with the 5.1 mix of Radiation, can now be ordered from the Marillion Webshop.
A preorder for the first bluray from the 2023 Weekend in PZ is also up there. This first release is the Saturday night and the first half of Sunday night. The next release will be the Friday night and the rest of Sunday. Interesting strategy, don't ask... 5.1 sound on this bluray as well. For now, the Atmos-ship seems to have passed Marillion by.

Blurb says on the Breaking records release
'Also included on this release is a brand new 5.1 mix of the Radiation 2013 album'
Is this brand new as in a new 2023 mix or does the above just mean, new mix at the time of Breaking records release years ago?

Blurb says on the Breaking records release
'Also included on this release is a brand new 5.1 mix of the Radiation 2013 album'
Is this brand new as in a new 2023 mix or does the above just mean, new mix at the time of Breaking records release years ago?
I take it as a brand new release when it first got released, if you look on the blu ray page of the shop it’s away down the page, whereas if it was a new release it would be at the top of the page, I ordered it because I love everything Marillion even though it has a bad reputation for the 5.1 mix

I take it as a brand new release when it first got released, if you look on the blu ray page of the shop it’s away down the page, whereas if it was a new release it would be at the top of the page, I ordered it because I love everything Marillion even though it has a bad reputation for the 5.1 mix
Agreed. No way they made a new mix.
IMO the added value of this blu-ray is not so much the 5.1 mix (that indeed got lukewarm reviews at best) but the great performances on the liveshows.

Back