May '24 "mind blowing" box guessing

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I'm in for all things QUAD Joni .

She does have Atmos mixes , already streaming , so...not a big problem with releasing her 3 quads and maybe a new quad mix on any one of her early albums .
So she has quad , atmos already in the bag ,so to speak . Kinda a no Brainer.
And getting Atmos on a higher resolution disc will leave those streaming versions in the rear view mirror for some of us. I am assuming that 24/192kHz is the standard set for all of these discs?

A Joni set WOULD be mind-blowing indeed.

1713230896776.gif

Of course I could afford Machine Head , and I set aside some cash for the next four Quadios no biggie. But now there is also this box set coming Friday just when I was about to send Sony in Japan a chunk of change for Piano Man.

All these choices we’ve got here recently, it’s a good dilemma to be in.

Last edited:
Well, sorry to be the party pooper

No Joni.

Carly instead please!!!!!!

Regards,
Since FR said a 4 disc set, I don't think this one will be Carly. She has 5, right? And I vaguely remember an unreleased? But there's been so much talk about unreleased stuff my head spins on that. 😵‍💫
Yes, I hope Carly gets a box, like Chicago, with her Greatest Hits included.

That's my opinion as well. I've been making my own mix tapes for over 45 years (using various formats over the years). When it comes to buying a compilation, it'd better be good.

Look at Audio Fidelity's The Collection. How many people who actually bought it can say "Man, what an ace collection of songs! I play the whole disc all the time!"

I doubt people played their copies more than twice.
Actually listen to mine quite often. Glad AF released it.

Which Joni albums are on Apple Music in Atmos again? If Blue is there, could Blue with a new Quad mix be the fourth album? Although I would prefer For the Roses TBH. In any case, it has to be Joni, right? Count my mind as duly blown if that is the case.

Which Joni albums are on Apple Music in Atmos again? If Blue is there, could Blue with a new Quad mix be the fourth album? Although I would prefer For the Roses TBH. In any case, it has to be Joni, right? Count my mind as duly blown if that is the case.
All of which are collected in:
Which is, if the box is in fact Joni, what I expect the name/cover to be.

There’s also this which would be neat if included but probably won’t be:
https://music.apple.com/us/album/joni-mitchell-at-newport-live/1686570727

And getting Atmos on a higher resolution disc will leave those streaming versions in the rear view mirror for some of us. I am assuming that 24/192kHz is the standard set for all of these discs?
Or Atmos files are always 24/48kHz correct? Still better than lossy streams huh?

Since FR said a 4 disc set, I don't think this one will be Carly. She has 5, right? And I vaguely remember an unreleased? But there's been so much talk about unreleased stuff my head spins on that. 😵‍💫
Yes, I hope Carly gets a box, like Chicago, with her Greatest Hits included.
The 4 Carly SACDs I have are good enough that I agree with you - a Quad/Atmos Carly box would be a wonderful thing.

Back