SPOTLIGHT Miles Davis - Live / Evil 4.0

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still listed on the seller's eBay store (Maximum Rare Records and CDS Japan)--as out of stock, 0 available/10 sold. Has anyone tried contacting him? He may have just gotten out ahead of his skis on the listing.

how's your Japanese? 🤔
i can't remember if it is that seller
or the other one of those two amazing eBay Japanese sellers i've used loads but one of them only has fairly rudimentary English. still, their English is 99.9% better than my Japanese so maybe worth dropping 'em a line in English anyway!! 🤣

Still listed on the seller's eBay store (Maximum Rare Records and CDS Japan)--as out of stock, 0 available/10 sold. Has anyone tried contacting him? He may have just gotten out ahead of his skis on the listing.

Well my VISA card was charged $53.10 on November 8th and I'm wondering whether to contest the charge or wait. Seems awfully weird that NO other vendor, including the usual suspects, have absolutely NO listing or pre~orders for LIVE EVIL other than this smallish ebay vendor.

I emailed the seller, and I'm not panicking. EBay has protections for buyers, and this guy has been a seller since 2002, with thousands of transactions and a rating that doesn't look fishy.

Remember, too, that it was @quicksrt and @steelydave who told us about the first rumblings. Here is the other link (besides the Maximum Rare Records listing) that Dave posted.

I emailed the seller, and I'm not panicking. EBay has protections for buyers, and this guy has been a seller since 2002, with thousands of transactions and a rating that doesn't look fishy.

Remember, too, that it was @quicksrt and @steelydave who told us about the first rumblings. Here is the other link (besides the Maximum Rare Records listing) that Dave posted.

yeah yeah, yadda yadda, wotduz shmeelyshmave know!! fuck nothing! while i on the other hand know fuck all 😝 😘

yeah yeah, yadda yadda, wotduz shmeelyshmave know!! fuck nothing! while i on the other hand know fuck all 😝 😘

IF ONLY you had taken up Japanese at University, Adam, you could've easily translated all the jargon floating around the internet. But at least you're fluent in QUADRAPHENIA!💿📀💿📀

And all that foul language, Adam .... your mum should've washed your mouth out with pink FAIRY LIQUID!:ROFLMAO:
fuckin' A

Ha! (Plus, I see you've been out spreading the same fuck-knows rumors over on the Hoffman forums, Adam!) Meanwhile, on the Blu-Ray Forum, our very own @McCrutchy speculates "that one or more sites in Japan briefly listed the release early and then pulled it." Probably right. So yeah...maybe it's another BOTW, or maybe it just slipped out erroneously/prematurely and got picked up by some web-crawlers before it could be retracted. I'm not giving up hope!

Ha! (Plus, I see you've been out spreading the same fuck-knows rumors over on the Hoffman forums, Adam!) Meanwhile, on the Blu-Ray Forum, our very own @McCrutchy speculates "that one or more sites in Japan briefly listed the release early and then pulled it." Probably right. So yeah...maybe it's another BOTW, or maybe it just slipped out erroneously/prematurely and got picked up by some web-crawlers before it could be retracted. I'm not giving up hope!

not me! twas merely plugging QQ (as usual!) in the Bitchin' thread that was Brewin' o'er there! 😝 oh i do hate it when it slips out prematurely 💅

IF ONLY you had taken up Japanese at University, Adam, you could've easily translated all the jargon floating around the internet. But at least you're fluent in QUADRAPHENIA!💿📀💿📀

And all that foul language, Adam .... your mum should've washed your mouth out with pink FAIRY LIQUID!:ROFLMAO:
fuckin' A

i quoteth Donald Pleasance, in his role as Master Vintner Adrian Carsini in the Columbo story "Any Old Port In A Storm"....

LIQUID FILTH!!!! 🤣

not me! twas merely plugging QQ (as usual!) in the Bitchin' thread that was Brewin' o'er there! 😝 oh i do hate it when it slips out prematurely 💅
QQ
twothumbsedvest.gif

Yes, and on that forum, I posted the only product link currently available in Japan, for a CD rental:

https://www.dmm.com/rental/ppr/-/detail/=/cid=cd_338sicj10012r/

DMM are a large business in Japan, and I do not believe they are wrong. Of course, it is possible that this may have been pulled for some reason, but since Sony successfully released Bitches Brew, I doubt that is the case. More likely, obviously, is that it will be released at a later date than December 4th, which is quickly approaching.

I suspect that this release has been pushed back, and that the eBay guy and the Japanese site I linked to either have broken some kind of pre-order embargo or just have outdated info about the release date. You'd think that if this was coming out little more than two weeks from now that it would be showing up on the major Japanese retail sites for preorder by now.

Who knows though, maybe Sony Japan is following the lead of those super-cool trendsetters at D-V after the Simon & Garfunkel BOTW debacle and not announcing titles until they're ready to ship?

I suspect that this release has been pushed back, and that the eBay guy and the Japanese site I linked to either have broken some kind of pre-order embargo or just have outdated info about the release date. You'd think that if this was coming out little more than two weeks from now that it would be showing up on the major Japanese retail sites for preorder by now.

Who knows though, maybe Sony Japan is following the lead of those super-cool trendsetters at D-V after the Simon & Garfunkel BOTW debacle and not announcing titles until they're ready to ship?

My only concern is that the ebay vendor, no matter his credentials, charged my Visa card immediately upon placing my order with him. And none of us have received notification from the vendor of a delay but your theory about not announcing the title until it's an 'imminent' release might be plausible.

My only concern is that the ebay vendor, no matter his credentials, charged my Visa card immediately upon placing my order with him. And none of us have received notification from the vendor of a delay but your theory about not announcing the title until it's an 'imminent' release might be plausible.
I’d send a message kindly asking if there is any delay, and that if item can’t ship by original expected date please refund payment fir now, and you’ll reorder when item gets a release at retail.

I think you’ll get total cooperation from the seller on the issue. No need to fuss with you over a case he will not win if it came down to it.

I’d send a message kindly asking if there is any delay, and that if item can’t ship by original expected date please refund payment fir now, and you’ll reorder when item gets a release at retail.

I think you’ll get total cooperation from the seller on the issue. No need to fuss with you over a case he will not win if it came down to it.

Here's the reply I got this morning:

Hello and thank you for your message.

Kindly note that this release has been confirmed by Sony Music Japan.

We will let you know if there is a cancellation or postponement.

Best regards,

This isn't to @steelydave in particular, but it's worth noting that the Japanese site he posted about here (http://idol.mixh.jp) is actually listing the same information as the DMM CD rental page that I linked to here (and that @DuncanS had taken a picture of in this post before mine). In fact, it seems to be a gateway site to that DMM listing.

So we effectively have only one site listing in Japan (the DMM CD rental listing) and the eBay product listing.

It's very strange that we are now almost two weeks to the supposed release date, past even the original release date of the album in 1971 (November 17th) and yet, the product seems legitimate, with a proper product code, JAN (Japanese UPC / EAN) code and at least one Japanese online listing, The real questions are, how did this product leak out of Japan so early, and just when will it be available to pre-order?

Back