Mixing my group's Music in 5.1 this week-release on DVD-V only-NO CD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Well, I am ALMOST done mixing and I'm diving in to finish it these days.
Have to tweak the Stereos mixes and the Surround. (EDIT, BTW, IT WILL BE ON 4.0, NOT 5.1- OOPS ABOUT THE TITLE)

Very difficult since our music is very lush and sweeping.
Most of the stuff really benefits from Surround . Either/or, I put too much shit in.
For this one we went for the "Trevor Horn" approach to producing! (Throw EVERYTHING AND the kitchen sink and then substract)...the problem is when you reach the substracting part...well, there it is....gotta work on the last song that is the only unfinished one, rearrange it, add a few things and then mix.

We hope that this year, when I get a job, we will do a limited pressing on DVD-V.

WHY NOT DVD-A? (if we have space , then maybe-hear me out)

Here's the reasoning behind my plan;

Since CDs are obsolete (to me , anyway), and therefore an extra cost, I will just do this:
ONLY a DVD-V with:

-DTS 96/24 5.1
-PCM 96/24 Stereo
-a couple of videoclips
-an extra folder with the album on mp4 (256 Kbps) for the masses, instead of a CD since I can't hear the difference between a normal CD and a 256 mp4, and anyway, most everybody who buys a CD , will rip it to their portable player , CDs would be an extra cost and almost useless...ANYWAY, WHO PLAYS A CD ANYMORE???

So , if there is space for an MLP 5.1, I'll include it, if not, well, then no!

The total time of the CD is about 40 minutes, so we'll see...you QQ guys will get a discount----

CHEERS...

(GERONIMOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!):smokin

Thanks guys...it's Pop, -Rock, Prog...my Lovely Lis has a voice that is a mixture of Tracy Thorn/Annie Lennox, etc.
The name of our group is "Glammest"

Our debut "Many lifetimes of practice" (recorded in 2001 at 44/16), which is a pale reflection of this next one, is available thru
- cdbaby.com(you can listen to some samples here...)
- amazon (well- out of stock now...)
- itunes (you can cherry pick)

I'll post some samples in the near future...

Back