MKV code expired

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My beta MKV will not work because the registration code expired in November and they haven't provided a new code yet. Anyone know any differently??
The other night I used MakeMKV for the first time in awhile (to get the complete three first Gentle Giant albums in flat stereo transfers from the Three Piece Suite Blu-ray, to put on my phone), and got an expiration message, and the November beta key didn't work, even though it was still (the last day of) November. I think. Anyway, my workaround was to download and re-install the latest version again, which was the same version I already had installed previously, but this allowed me to start a new 30-day evaluation period, and then the program worked, even if it's only a temporary solution.

This was on a Mac, but I'm guessing the same workaround should work on a PC. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
May be time to consider buying the program if you use it a lot?
At $60 US certainly cheaper than some other programs out there.

The full DVDFab program is sort of pricey but comes or used to come with licenses for 5 pc's...although has a lot of "stuff" I don't use.

Before DVDFab I tried to buy the Redfox program, but they could not process US credit cards, don't know what their situation is now.

My beta MKV will not work because the registration code expired in November and they haven't provided a new code yet. Anyone know any differently??
Some clever chap on another forum suggested changing the date on your computer back to November so that you can use the program, I did and it worked šŸ˜Š

Cheers

Martin

I used MAKEMKV today, I am not sure which registration key I am using - is there a way to check?

Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 3.40.11 PM.png

Some clever chap on another forum suggested changing the date on your computer back to November so that you can use the program, I did and it worked šŸ˜Š

Cheers

Martin
I did this and can confirm it works. Don't forget to change your date back to the actual date though otherwise all your Microsoft hoo-haa and some website logins don't work.

May be time to consider buying the program if you use it a lot?
At $60 US certainly cheaper than some other programs out there.

The full DVDFab program is sort of pricey but comes or used to come with licenses for 5 pc's...although has a lot of "stuff" I don't use.

Before DVDFab I tried to buy the Redfox program, but they could not process US credit cards, don't know what their situation is now.
Totally agree. The amount of money we spent on discs and download, the one time price for MakeMKV is nothing.

Back