MMH - New Atmos Decoder (beta) discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But, after reseting , deinstalling MMH and reinstalling MMH last release, when trying with a small track chapter song, that was previously working yesterday, it stills fail to compile the final WAV file, it is created but empty.

Its working here. MMH creates large temp files. I wonder if you disk drive is near full?

With its current implementation if your source and temp are on c: drive MMH will need about 60GB (min) spare for a typical BD atmos stream converted to 9.1.6

Its working here. MMH creates large temp files. I wonder if you disk drive is near full?

With its current implementation if your source and temp are on c: drive MMH will need about 60GB (min) spare for a typical BD atmos stream converted to 9.1.6
Temp is in the C: (Windows) drive with 265 GB free
Source and target for the Decode are in another drive with 448 GB free

I will test tomorrow, or will wait for your next release.

But I wonder if I could "reset" everything, apart from deinstalling MMH. Things like registry values of old settings, older ffmpeg mine installation. I do not know if MMH uses its own...
Things like that. I don't know if what I say makes sense.

MMH does not use the Windows registry and all dependant files are within its program file folder, except the .NET 6 Desktop Runtime. I’m not sure why your MKV with chapters is not working, it’s not lack of disc space.

I’ll continue with testing and have already added 5.1.2, 7.1.2 and 9.1.4 support.

Something is up with the tagging of the files.

The two that are 2.3 I converted with XLD. The two that are 2.4 were done with MMH.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 4.35.48 PM.png

The 2.4 MMH files don't show as PCM, a bitrate, a sample rate, a length, etc... in several apps. They play perfectly though.

Any ideas?

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 4.36.05 PM.png

I was able to edit the tags for track one, which made it id3v2.3, but the rest of the tracks have no metadata, despite using MMH to tag & rename, and I can't edit them with MP3tag.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 4.45.51 PM.png

Hopefully this update will fix all reported issues so far in MMH Atmos Helper's new decoder tool:

@AYanguas - I can confirm I introduced a bug - all your reported issues should be now solved
@AudiophileStyle - Previous versions of this MMH decoder were creating wave64 (now create wave if < 4GB)

Added 5.1.2, 7.1.2 and 9.1.4 decoding support

MMH 6.3.16 with all current Atmos Decoder fixes/changes:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh/MMHInstaller.msi
NOTE: If your Atmos Helper version is not 1.3.0 beta 7 then you need download & install MMH from the above link

Last edited:
Hopefully this update will fix all reported issues:

@AYanguas - I can confirm I introduced a bug - all your reported issues should be now solved
@AudiophileStyle - Previous versions of this MMH decoder were creating wave64 (now create wave if < 4GB)

Added 5.1.2, 7.1.2 and 9.1.4 decoding support

MMH 6.1.15:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh/MMHInstaller.msi
NOTE: If your Atmos Helper version is not 1.3.0 beta 7 then you need download & install MMH from the above link
Brilliant.

I'm using 1.3.0 beta 7, and I still have the tagging issues. The files can't be tagged by MP3tag or other apps. I remember running into this when using the command line to convert filed with DRP.

Wav files are standard WAVs. I presumed the tagging issue was the previous version created 64 bit WAVs.

I’ll check it out tomorrow.

I do see a message saying "unknown channel mask 0002D63F" when I analyze the file. Not sure if it matters.

It shouldn’t matter. What output format are you using? Ffmpeg can’t create channel mask for 9.1.x. (I can’t find how if it can). And not for 5.1.2 and 7.1.2 either.

I'm outputting to 7.1.4.

I just used JRiver to convert the WAVs to WAV and the files are perfect then. Not sure what's up.

Thanks. I just need to ensure MMH is creating wav correctly. Should be straight forward…

I’m currently creating 24 bit PCM and looks like I need a command line change.

@AudiophileStyle Could you please reinstall 6.3.16. I just did a couple of test conversions and mp3tag worked with the output wavs.

Maybe I did not update my fix build correctly in the installer. I think you may have grabbed an interim build, I redid one soon after my original fix earlier today and its possible you don't have final build.

Ok, more data.

Right after extraction, I can edit the files in MP3tag. However, if I use MMH Tag & Rename Media Files, then MP3tag can't edit them and other apps have an issue.

Here you can see that MMH Tag & Rename is the issue.

Output-03.wav was edited with MP3tag straght after being decoded by MMH.
Output-04 MMH Tag and Rename.wav was tagged and renamed using MMH, then opened in MP3tag. You can see the RIFF is removed.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 10.18.06 PM.png

Back