Moody Blues "To Our Children's Children's Children" (New Stephen W Tayler 5.1 Mix!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening now to this new release. A little weird.
I have no prior listening experience to this release.

If you have no prior listening experience to TOCCC, it will indeed sound weird...very weird. That's what attracted me to The Moody Blues in the first place.

It's got a 60's (1969) music vibe and I am just past that now these days.
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Out and In.jpg

You've got to make the journey Out and In.

Last edited:
I just finished listening to the 5.1 mix and it sounded great!

Stephen, I hope you get a chance to mix the rest of the Classic Seven Series including the first album, Days Of Future Passed, instead of what we received as a manipulated version from the quad tapes. I’d like to see DOFP in a proper box similar to the current and last sets. Plus, it would be great if you could do the other Moody Blues albums in the series too. Personally, I don’t necessarily have to have any of these future albums in Dolby Atmos. 5.1 will do. I hope I’m not asking for too much. :giggle:
Totally agree Perp: Days of Future Passed needs the Stephen Tayler 'touch....' TOUCHE!

Totally agree Perp: Days of Future Passed needs the Stephen Tayler 'touch....' TOUCHE!

It really could use a helping hand, but the way it was recorded might require some judicious AI separation and remixing. Remember what Steven said about having only 8 tracks containing bounced down material on TOCCC. DOFP is even earlier.

It really could use a helping hand, but the way it was recorded might require some judicious AI separation and remixing. Remember what Steven said about having only 8 tracks containing bounced down material on TOCCC. DOFP is even earlier.
Got my today. Tomorrow I will be in my Atmos studio and give a listening. Can't wait even this is not my favorite BM album.

I sure hope Stephen gets to do "On the Threshold of a Dream". That would be sweet
I'll take it! But it is arguably the best of the remaining MB quads. The other four quads definitely could use a better mix / EQ etc.

A Question of Balance needs at least EQ on some songs where the bass is non existent. There are channel balance issues on at least one song...Dawning Is The Day...where Hayward's voice on the middle eight gets buried in the rears. And I would like a new 5.1 mix of the song Question made to sound like the stereo version with all of the grandiose Mellotron parts.

Seventh Sojourn has some instrument balance issues on Lost In A Lost World and I'm Just A Singer.

DOFP has severe front to back balance issues that vary from song to song.

EGBDF is almost as muddy sounding as the stereo version.

Problems ripping.
MKV shows the 15 chapters which I ripped and are the Live tracks (14) from Royal Albert Hall.
The studio album shows as 6.6gb 14 tracks (13) but all as one not in chapters.
Any ripping help out there?

When I ripped mine, there was an extra track, very short, with noise at the end. I think it was a 15th track. I just deleted it. The first 14 were perfect

When I ripped mine, there was an extra track, very short, with noise at the end. I think it was a 15th track. I just deleted it. The first 14 were perfect
Thank you, I'll try again tomorrow, with a couple screen shots, I'll try to figure out. The 5.1 Live, no problem, just the 5.1 studio.
I did the DTS HD MSTR for the Live..

Thank you, I'll try again tomorrow, with a couple screen shots, I'll try to figure out. The 5.1 Live, no problem, just the 5.1 studio.
I did the DTS HD MSTR for the Live..
I ripped the 96/24 LPCM for both the studio and concert with no problems. I used DVD AudioExtractor on a MKV backup. Don’t know if any of this makes a difference with what you are doing.

Notice in this shot from MKV.
At bottom: This disc uses newer version of AACS protection. I notified MKV.

The 15 chapter selection is the LIVE 5.1. No problem with rip.
The 14 Chapter selection, the studio mix has no 5.1 selection?
The 6.6 GB selection, has 5.1 but can't get chapters (tracks)?
I will try DVDAE and see if I have better luck.

Screenshot (85).png

The first screenshot with DVDAE looks great, sucess, but then when time to rip, see 2nd shot, pop up says Blu Ray discs with BD+ are not supported.
Screenshot (86).png

Screenshot (87).png

I ripped the 96/24 LPCM for both the studio and concert with no problems. I used DVD AudioExtractor on a MKV backup. Don’t know if any of this makes a difference with what you are doing.
See my messages above AR, and I got this message in the FAQ=
  • The disc is copy-protected and can't be handled by DVD Audio Extractor. If this is a Blu-ray disc protected with BD+, you'll have to decrypt with tools like AnyDVD or MakeMKV(backup disc, not convert to MKV files) first, then you can extract the audio with DVD Audio Extractor.
I am not sure how to do the way they explain?

Back