Morton Subotnick Live in Quad, Lafayette, Colorado 4/30/23

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fourplay

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Calling all QQ Colorado members! Renowned electronic musician Morton Subotnick will be performing IN QUAD this coming weekend. I have my ticket and would be happy to do a meetup with anyone. Tix = $45. Tickets will not be available at the door! Here are details:

https://leafcolorado.org/leaf2023-morton-subotnick-lillevan/
On Sunday, April 30, the Lafayette Electronic Arts Festival, Media Manifesta, and KGNU’s Electronic Air are honored to present pioneering experimental electronic music composer Morton Subotnick, and Berlin-based visual artist Lillevan, performing live in immersive quadraphonic sound. Having worked together for the last twelve years, the technique and process of Subotnick and Lillevan has culminated in the work, “As I Live and Breathe”. Subotnick has stated that he feels this work will be “the ultimate fulfillment of his public performance; one of the last, if not the last, of his public performance works”, as he turns 90 years old this year. The work is centered around Subotnick’s breath, which becomes ever more musically and visually ornamented by Lillevan, only to end with a single, exhaled breath. The work is meant as a musical metaphor for the composer’s life in music.

At The Arts Hub, 420 Courtney Way, Lafayette, CO 80026 - Doors at 7PM, Performance at 7:30PM

PM me if you want to meet up!

Back