Movie Music and music in movies

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Been a long time fan of movie theme music. I have found often it to be better than the film. John Williams is one favorite - He did all the big films of the 70's - 80's.
And music placed in films, is always a treat, one of my favorites is the Bowling scene in the "Big Lebowski"
Old stuff Kenny Rogers & The First Edition sounded great on my setup
[video]https://youtu.be/z92bykaeV4o[/video]

If, you have never seen this movie, do your self a favor and see it!

Last edited:
After you see the wild finale of Michael Mann's MANHUNTER, you may never hear "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" in the same way again, heh....

ED :)

After you see the wild finale of Michael Mann's MANHUNTER, you may never hear "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" in the same way again, heh....

ED :)

I hunted for the soundtrack to "Manhunter" for years just for the Shriekback and Prime Movers tracks. That scene where the killer is sitting in his van watching his lover's house and "Strong As I Am (there's this thing that scares me)" playing in the background..

I hunted for the soundtrack to "Manhunter" for years just for the Shriekback and Prime Movers tracks. That scene where the killer is sitting in his van watching his lover's house and "Strong As I Am (there's this thing that scares me)" playing in the background..

Happy fantasy of the day: Shriekback in surround.

One of my personal favorites is Electra Glide in Blue. The soundtrack features uncredited appearances by the band Chicago, and Terry Kath appears in the film. I like the film alot - recently picked it up on DVD. Some parts were shot in Monument Valley. I always loved the entire soundtrack. CD pressings of it are rare. One was pressed in 1000 copies in February 2012, and I ordered it from England. This was the first stand-alone CD issue of the soundtrack to the best of my knowledge. The other is a Japanese DVD/CD package that sells for high dollars if you can even find it.

Here is a good clip from the film with music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPr8A_wf-Zg

Aimee Mann's original music for Magnolia was an integral part of the film. It's not just background music. The songs are really powerful. She got nominated for an Oscar, but didn't win. When she plays the song that lost the award in concert, she often introduces it by saying "this is the song that lost the Oscar to Phil Collins and his cartoon monkey love song."
:burnout

Last night I put on Blood Sweat and Tears and the opening track, "Variations on a theme by Eric Satie", trasnsported me to Yonge street in 1970. Suddenly I was LP shopping at A&A Records with Pete and Joey and trying my best to impress the young lady also browsing. I thought; man, I gotta get me one of those good doctorin' or lawyerin' jobs. image.jpg

It's all MONO though.

There's a movie "Flashback" about an FBI agent that has really good music, and it's actually on the DVD... which I no longer have. I still have my LD though.

That's the second time you have said that and the second time I'm going to correct you...there are 2 options..your beloved mono and 5.1..if you don't like the 5.1...fine...but quit saying it's only mono...HERE are the details...

Last night I put on Blood Sweat and Tears and the opening track, "Variations on a theme by Eric Satie", trasnsported me to Yonge street in 1970. Suddenly I was LP shopping at A&A Records with Pete and Joey and trying my best to impress the young lady also browsing. I thought; man, I gotta get me one of those good doctorin' or lawyerin' jobs.View attachment 19337

That almost sounds like the scene in "Clockwork Orange".

That's the second time you have said that and the second time I'm going to correct you...there are 2 options..your beloved mono and 5.1..if you don't like the 5.1...fine...but quit saying it's only mono...HERE are the details...

I'm just saying all the music is MONO. There are some sound effects like car sounds that aren't mono. I know it defaults to mono, but I change it.

Back