Multi channel NOT in the media

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutter

Since 2002/2003
Todays USA today has an article about deluxe reissues that let fans discover 6 renowned albums. My problem is the article talks about Moondance and Tommy. According to the paper Tommy is 4 cds & Moondance is 5 cds. There is no mention that 1 of the "cds" is a blu ray and that there are Surround mixes of these great albums in the box set. It would seem that if you are going to use half a page for the article then you should at least TRY and get your facts correct. Just felt the need to rant because the Morrison surround is great and even though I have only heard the original dvda/sacd surround of Tommy, the article does not inform people that they have other listening options than stereo.

Figures! They only write up what simple minds can grasp on to. Why confuse anyone with facts?
oh well, if out there still some folks who can read something else beside drawings in comic books, i guess they also can use google to find
meaning for word surround if they got curiosity about it at all. who knows, maybe some of them even could discover our wonderful community
during their search :p

oh well, if out there still some folks who can read something else beside drawings in comic books, i guess they also can use google to find
meaning for word surround if they got curiosity about it at all. who knows, maybe some of them even could discover our wonderful community
during their search :p

several years ago, when the 5.1 was selling in stores with display's, I read an article that said dvd audio would be a "niche" product appealing only to a few, and sacd would become an audiophiles format-no mention of 5.1 in the article. People as a whole just do not care about investing in good sound. I mention QQ on another site in a thread about 5.1 music and the response was "I have no use for quad". But many walk about with ipads and listen to music on phones with little speakers-if any. People in general are so like lemmings.
walk about with blinders on-allowing advertising to rule their lives.

Back