Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just testing the new Output Folder option in the updated Channel Remix tool and I've increased performance by removing a redundant file copy step in most remix options. This will help with slower discs for sure (but all users benefit). Previous versions always copied the original to the Remix folder then worked on the copy, this step is now removed.

Adding the new User Defined Output Folder makes it easier for users to get to the remixed albums too!
Then MMH will create a folder named: G:\Remixed Files\Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde and create the remixed files in this new folder for the source folder
If you are doing a batch conversion of multiple albums/folder MMH creates new folders for all the sub-folders (album folders) in your source folders it processes

(This will be released tomorrow in MMH 5.0.10)
THX Garry

Nice refinements! I do think everybody benefits. :)

Did the MMH4 scanning last night and clicked Convert this morning. Did see it report a couple album/track errors (same as seen last night) so far; it's at 312 out of 4382....

Here's the final version of the new Channel Remix tool:

This moved all Output options/Output folder selection to the bottom and added a new preference for the number of concurrent files (processes) to use during conversion.

On my PC with NVME SSD drives I can easily run 8 at same time with no issues:
NewRemixTool.PNG

I've made same changes to the MMH Resample tool (adding new User Defined Ouput Folder option and Number of concurrent files (processes):
NewResampleTool.PNG

I'll release this later today after MMH docs are updated.

Music Media Helper 5.0.10 released:

Version 5.0.10 (August 20 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Remix Channel Layout tool: Added 'User Defined Output Folder' output option - new
Remix Channel Layout tool: Added preference for Number of concurrent files to process - new
Resample tool: Added 'User Defined Output Folder' output option - new
Resample tool: Added preference for Number of concurrent files to process - new
Audio batch tool: Added option 'Check for Silent Channels' - new
Channel Volume tool: Waveform Viewer chart more minor performance and visual improvements
Added 'Number of parallel/concurrent files processing option to:
- Remix Channel Layout tool
- Resample tool
Updated PDF docs

@timbre4

I tested 5.0.10 on my slowest USB 3.0 drive with 4 concurrent files this morning and all ok.

I did see where an issue could occur creating new folders where two processes could attempt to create same folder if they both started on a new folder at exact same time and fixed that possible issue in 5.0.10.

Music Media Helper 5.0.11 released:

Version 5.0.11 (August 22 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Channel Volume tool: Added 'User Defined Output Folder' output option - new
Channel Volume tool: Added 'Number of parallel/concurrent files processing option
Channel Volume tool: Moved Target Gain controls to a new side panel menu
Updated PDF docs

Fixes:
Remix Channel Layout tool: Fixed issue in 5.0.10 if source file in root and new 'User Defined Folder' used
Resample tool: Fixed issue in 5.0.10 if source file in root and new 'User Defined Folder' used

Updated Volume tool dialog here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-for-channel-volume-editing.28401/post-579633

Last edited:
Music Media Helper 5.0.12 released:

Version 5.0.12 (August 25 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Channel Volume tool: Added Dynamic Range (DR) meter (files and album DR) supports FLAC, WAV, M4A, DSF, MKA and MKV files
Channel Volume tool: Waveform Viewer now supports DSF, M4A, MKA and MKV files
Audio batch tool: Added Added Dynamic Range (DR) meter (when no foobar200 DR file found)
Updated PDF docs

Updated Volume tool dialog here with new Dynamic Range metering showing DSF, FLAC, M4A (with Atmos) and MKV video (with DTS-HDMA):
DRwithAllFiles.PNG

The DR meter correctly calculates DR from music sourced from SACDs with silent channels (in DSF, FLAC or WAV files) by ignoring both true silent channels and channels with very low noise which causes Foobar's DR meter to incorrectly calculate MCH DR (as reported by @steelydave here on QQ)

The DR color coding is based on recommended DR range at the Loudness War DR database: Dynamic Range Database

When measuring DR in MKV files MMH uses the Default Audio Stream if there are multiple audio streams (the MMH Chapter Edit tool can change Default audio streams in a MKV file)

THX
Garry

Last edited:
In my career (since retired) I was a firmware engineer and program manager. In my judgment what you’ve created in MMH is nothing short of amazing. Thanks for your expertise and execution!
I couldn't agree more. Garry has made me a ripping expert, and I just say thank you, thank you Garry. Plus it is super fun to be the recipient of MMH.
I only use 1/8 of what MMH has to offer, but what I use is flawless all the time.

Music Media Helper 5.0.13 released:

Version 5.0.13 (August 31 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Resample tool: Resampling to 16 bit now uses dither
Channel Volume tool: Now saves a Foobar compatible DR file on loading files by folder
Channel Volume tool: View the DR file by double clicking on the Overall DR label
Audio batch tool: Now saves a Foobar compatible DR file if one does not exist (in batch DR option)

everytime I try and run MMH I get this popup
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TaggingApp.frmLauncher.FormLoad()
at TaggingApp.frmLauncher._Lambda$__R320-1(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.XtraForm.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.DForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.XtraForm.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 7.58.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 7.58.35 AM.png
    336.3 KB · Views: 48
new install haven't run it before. It is running in a vm though host is mac os

I'm trying to convert my atmos/mlp mka files to m4a for proper tagging

It appears MMH crashes on startup. I’m not sure what the issue is But probably related to the VM.

Is your VM Windows 64 bit? MMH 5 is 64 bit

Can you please install or reinstall .NET 5 Desktop Runtime x64

new install haven't run it before. It is running in a vm though host is mac os
I got mmh working just installed windows in bootcamp. issue I'm having now it mka converted to m4a doesn't show up in kodi. what is the correct method to convert atmos and 5.1 mka files to m4a and keep streams intact and have them show up in kodi. Thanks

You need Kodi 19 I think. I’m using 19.1. I’ll check maybe a late 18 build is ok. It needs to be a build with ffmpeg 4.3 or higher. EDIT: You need Kodi 19 for m4a files with TrueHD/Atmos.

You can load mka into MMH’s ‘Extract Audio from MKV’ tool and select m4a as the output.

Last edited:
what is the correct method to convert atmos and 5.1 mka files to m4a and keep streams intact and have them show up in kodi

Of course, you also need to ensure the .m4a files are tagged and scanned into the Kodi music library.

yah it's wierd worked with inxs kick in atmos but anything else I've converted to m4a doesn't show up in kodi. Kick does I've updated library multiple times.

Back