MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!!!!!
Nothing wrong with that..especially with all the PTree and Kcrimson in Surround we have..it's difficult going to sleep after "Raider II" or "Thrak"!!!!!

My fave is Makino Jun's "Stillpoint" MCH SACD...ceramic plates.....ommmmmmmmmmmm

LOL!!!!!
Nothing wrong with that..especially with all the PTree and Kcrimson in Surround we have..it's difficult going to sleep after "Raider II" or "Thrak"!!!!!

My fave is Makino Jun's "Stillpoint" MCH SACD...ceramic plates.....ommmmmmmmmmmm

True.. I don't mind a bit of chill in my chilli, I just like it with a pinch more spice :p

Coming on June 10/16:

http://www.amazon.com/U2-iNNOCENCE-...65953&creativeASIN=B01F5KMP8Y&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

71JcPkkDpSL._SX522__zps6zg6ktnk.jpg

Simon Rattle conducts Beethoven’s SymphoniesThe acclaimed cycle on CD and Blu-ray from Berliner Philarmoniker

Yes, IMMERSIVE, great sound, and value for your money...grab it while it's in print...not only the music, but a lot of great info for musicians and folks who understand Music Theory.
5 CDs, 1 BluRay Pure Audio in PCM Stereo and DTS-MA 5.1 and two more BluRays with the performances in video in PCM Stereo and DTS-MA 5.0 (all of them in 96/24, although it was recorded in 192/24).

69€ +S&H !!!!

(EDIT: and a voucher for downloading the Stereo files up to 192/24, AND a one month free trial for their channel...)

I just watched Prince's Sign O' The Times on a Japanese BD~V with incredible DTS HD 5.1 audio. Expertly shot and edited, Prince went ALL out for this extravaganza. Some discrete elements highlight this totally brilliant performance from Prince, Shelia E, Sheena Easton and company. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Beautifully packaged in a very sturdy black BD case. Wish American BD~Vs were packaged this well. Available from CDJapan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BIXF-131

Rolling Stones - Totally stripped 1995 4BD+1CD
This one was much better than i had hoped.
All concerts are really great and the sound is brilliant.
The surround sound is very good.
Even the price was OK.
This one will be played many times!

Smoke + Mirrors Live - Imagine Dragons Blu-Ray/CD

Wouldn't mind your opinion on this one if you get the chance Linda...:)

Edit: I also heard this one is Dolby Atmos? (core Dolby TrueHD 7.1) If so, it's the first music concert I've heard of with DA.

Last edited:
Picked up Smoke + Mirrors live on BD as well. Wow, it sounds fantastic! The Dolby Atmos track is core Dolby TrueHD 7.1, I'm listening to this in 7.2. So very discrete for a concert, highly recommended if you're a fan of the band at all! This thing has a stellar low end (y) A couple of small pet peeves of mine are present though. During the faster paced songs, the seizure inducing quick camera cuts are present (though I've seen much worse), and I wish when bands who decide to film a concert like this for dvd/blu ray wouldn't stick the mic into the crowd for them to sing along. I know they like to involve the audience...but just for this one night? Please? :eek:

image_zpsxyruf66q.jpg

Last edited:
We saw/heard Imagine Dragons live a couple years ago. This recreates the experience nicely, but with more going on in the rears.

Wouldn't mind your opinion on this one if you get the chance Linda...:)

Edit: I also heard this one is Dolby Atmos? (core Dolby TrueHD 7.1) If so, it's the first music concert I've heard of with DA.

I was at the July show in Atlanta, and this concert was fantastic. Kudos for the 7.1 effort!

edit 6/10/16
So after listening to both the 7.1 TrueHD and the DTS-HD 5.1 versions here are some observsations:

The 7.1 version is more "concert-like" in that it is more open and the bass seems less precise and boomy. The surround sound effects are very good.

The 5.1 DTS version is more studio like and precise and tight. I much prefer this 5.1 DTS-HD version on my Denon AVR4520 9.1 setup.

I love the fact that I have both versions to choose from.

This disc is a 10 for me!

Last edited:
Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary - Beach Boys 1 Blu-Ray-A/4 CD

Just received in mail today, it's big, 14" X 11" book package, lots to read, live performances, 5.1 BD-A Pet Sounds. The Title on the book has Pet Sounds in white furry felt. Graphics and pictures are a 10+. Spectacular, what do you call it? Not a box set, a book set? I am not a super duper Beach Boys fan but looking forward to critical listening with pen and paper.

AmazonUS is blowing out the 1973 BD~V film version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Jesus Christ Superstar for 4 bucks: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jesus-Christ-Superstar-Blu-ray/66495/

It's a great film, but the sonics are not impressive at all. The mix was always very off-balance. Too much emphasis on the vocals, while the backing track is too suppressed. It's the same on this Blu-Ray, either because they couldn't create a new mix or they didn't want to.
(BTW, it's stereo only, FYI)

Back