My Oppo BDP-93 experiences so far...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So neither Oppo 93 or 95 can stream sacd or dvd-a iso's over a network. But it can play dvd-a iso's from an attached external hdd via usb?

With the proper firmware from last December or earlier, you can playback DVD-A, Blu-ray and DVD-V ISO's from an attached HDD. Unfortunately, if the firmware has been updated, there's no way to roll it back. ISO playback was removed at the request (demand?) of certain studios.

There actually is a way to stream both SACD and DVD-A ISO's to the 93/95 via DLNA using Foobar and the DVD-A and SACD plug-ins. The SACD ISO's are converted to PCM on-the-fly.

edit: I went back to read the earlier posts in the thread and this seems to have already been covered. Recent versions of the SACD plug-in have come a long way and give reasonably good results now. I don't experience any of the pauses and stuttering that earlier iterations caused.

So this thread got me experimenting with my recently acquired Sony BDP-S780. I bought this unit because it had an older firmware which allows for my sacd-r playback and the fact it is pre-cinavia. I have a bunch of sacd/dvd-a iso's and dts-cd's on my Windows 7 PC in an upstairs bedroom. The PC is connected to a cheap Linksys Wireless G router which serves up 2 ipads and various other wireless peripherals for my family of seven.

So last night I used Foobar2000 as a DLNA server for my music and tried streaming my files. The dvd-a's were too large and would not stream through foobar. But to my great surprise, the sacd iso's and dtscd streamed fine. While the sacd's would only stream in stereo, the dtscd streamed in glorious 5.1 multichannel with no hiccups!

It was late so I didn't play around with the settings too much. I see great potential though!

Has anyone updated their Oppo Bdp-93 with new firmware and does it definitely not play DVDA ISO's anymore than. When I ordered my Oppo Bdp-93 player I ordered it with the chip to allow all region playback
Here is chip I got installed as part of my order and place I got it from as I wanted to keep warranty in tact:
http://shop.solutionsav.ca/products...p-for-Oppo-Digital-BDP%2d93-and-BDP%2d95.html
Didn't think it would happen that fast but I have a couple of boxsets that were really cheap from amazon.uk(Jurassic Park and Back to The Future Bluray's) and they will not play in the Oppo as need firmware update.
Will that then be the end of the ISO playback and no turning back with old firmware or is it still possible to play them if each ISO is in its own folder?
My BDP93 is being used by the whole family as have hooked up to 3d Panasonic 65 inch Plasma so this is a downer that the Blue Ray's do not play.
Can anyone help me out on this?

Has anyone updated their Oppo Bdp-93 with new firmware and does it definitely not play DVDA ISO's anymore than. When I ordered my Oppo Bdp-93 player I ordered it with the chip to allow all region playback
Here is chip I got installed as part of my order and place I got it from as I wanted to keep warranty in tact:
http://shop.solutionsav.ca/products...p-for-Oppo-Digital-BDP%2d93-and-BDP%2d95.html
Didn't think it would happen that fast but I have a couple of boxsets that were really cheap from amazon.uk(Jurassic Park and Back to The Future Bluray's) and they will not play in the Oppo as need firmware update.
Will that then be the end of the ISO playback and no turning back with old firmware or is it still possible to play them if each ISO is in its own folder?
My BDP93 is being used by the whole family as have hooked up to 3d Panasonic 65 inch Plasma so this is a downer that the Blue Ray's do not play.
Can anyone help me out on this?

You must in order to play those BD, instal the new firmware. The studios pulled ISO capability's It has nothing to do with Oppo. Some are doing fine w/o the upgrades. But, there are other ways to play the files besides ISO. That my friend is that. You'll find no player out there that will do so. I have discs that are ISO and they play fine. It's the files it won't do. What you are bumming about is way old stuff. Not worth it.

hi, im very NOY techy for this stuff, i just instelled the DLNA compnent stuff in foobar, but i dont know hot to stream to the oppo.

i have made some 5.1 mixes and wnat to listen to them throuhg the oppo but dont know hot to do it.

can i put my mixes on a pen drive and put it on the oppo an pley them?

sorry... i suck at this

hi, im very NOY techy for this stuff, i just instelled the DLNA compnent stuff in foobar, but i dont know hot to stream to the oppo.

i have made some 5.1 mixes and wnat to listen to them throuhg the oppo but dont know hot to do it.

can i put my mixes on a pen drive and put it on the oppo an pley them?

sorry... i suck at this

You have to have the uPnP, dvd-a, and sacd plugins for foobar2000. Then make sure you have the uPnP Media server turned on. You have to add your music library under the media library also. I'm on a wireless-G network with my newly acquired Oppo93, and the best I can get is 16-bit 48kHz multichannel for dvd-a. Sacd's won't play multi for me...only 2 channel stereo.

Definitley check out the FAQ. Good luck!

You have to have the uPnP, dvd-a, and sacd plugins for foobar2000. Then make sure you have the uPnP Media server turned on. You have to add your music library under the media library also. I'm on a wireless-G network with my newly acquired Oppo93, and the best I can get is 16-bit 48kHz multichannel for dvd-a. Sacd's won't play multi for me...only 2 channel stereo.

Definitley check out the FAQ. Good luck!

I got FooBar going at 16 bit also, but I like to hear the original source quality, so I play them off a hard drive connected to the Oppo instead...

I got FooBar going at 16 bit also, but I like to hear the original source quality, so I play them off a hard drive connected to the Oppo instead...

I am looking into adding an eSata 2TB hdd for my dvd-a iso's in order to get 24bit/96kHz.

Back