Need Some Recommendations

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCunningham

I'm currently building some new custom speaker cables, but local electronic supply sources are very poor to say the least. I need a few good online electronic supplier recommendations from those of you who are in the know. I'm currently looking for high end audiophile quality banana plugs and bulk nylon/polyester braid (similar to what's used in the auto industry for covering vac lines, spark plug wires etc.) I'm looking for a variety of colors. I can get black locally, but black is so boring. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
mike

Bettercables is awesome

bettercables.com

These guys have almost anything you need. I bought some component video cables from them for my projector. It cost almost $1000, but they are incredible, 75 foot component cables, I 3 on 5. They weighed a TON!!

:-jon

Jon,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not looking for pre-made cables which is what Bettercables.com sells. I'm building my own from scratch and I need source for parts.

Ooops! Sorry, I did not digest what I read.

:-jon

Thanks Guys,

Both are very good sites and both had the banana plugs I was looking for. Parts Express is a little bit cheaper however, so will order from them. Now if I can just find the colored nylon/polyester braid I need, I'll be in business. I've been combing the web, but so far no luck other than black. JC Whitney has the nylon kits in nice colors but I'd only get 20 ft of the size I need and a lot of other stuff I don't. I'd prefer bulk roll. If anyone runs across this in their web travels, give a yell.

mike

Back