Neil Young's "Pono" Delayed - Not at CES 2014

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is wrong with FLAC or even PCM ? Its a great audio format and can be in high res if required.

PONO looks like another Itunes type player that plays higher res music.

What is wrong with FLAC or even PCM ? Its a great audio format and can be in high res if required.

PONO looks like another Itunes type player that plays higher res music.

A good question to ask Neil Young. I'm not sure where this format fits in the world of MP3, AAC, FLAC, PCM and DSD.

What a surprise....something Neil Young is working on is delayed. Wow, I am shocked. Whatever will we do without this now.....if only there were a way to record, store, and playback high resolution audio.....oh, wait, there is, nevermind. Go ahead Neil, take all the time in the world.

I may have said it before, but PONO could be the greatest thing since sliced bread but what with Neil's history of flirting with this format and that format and declaring each to be the "future, and only way to present my music" who is going to buy in and trust him this time?

Not me.

IF, and that's a really huge if….it happens to catch on and get some seriously good stuff in the catalog, well maybe I'll think about it if the cost is reasonable, but nothing I've seen so far makes me want to jump in.

Back