Nektar in SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sspsandy

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Here is a message I just received from Nektar management, indicating some planned SACD releases from the Nektar catalogue:

Just to alert you that the first 2 of the next batch of Nektar remasters will be available from Monday 12th January. These will be A Tab in the Ocean and Recycled. Track listing will be on the website by Monday as well. There is a discount of $1.25 for purchases before March 1st.At the moment the price will be $18.50 (£10.00) and after then will be $19.75. This includes postage and packing to anywhere in the world.

A Journey to the Centre of the Eye and Live in New York will be available for presell in a couple of weeks. We are investigating formats and restoring tapes for these. It is possible that Journey may be an SACD release on multi layer meaning that it can be heard via normal CD and also in surround for those that have that facility. Live in New York needs quite a bit of work before tracklisting. It is also possible that we will issue RTF in surround format as well as Down to Earth. These would be in the 2nd lot of reissues.

We also have 5 non Nektar releases due out on the 9th February and these are available as of today. These are by,
Clive John-You Always Know where you stand with a Buzzard(ex Man keyboardist 1st time on CD-excellent psychedelic album with titles such as "Out of my Tree"),

Mandalaband-The Eye of Wendor -rerelease of concept album featuring BJH, 10CC, Noel Redding and Justin Hayward from 1978

Locomotive-We are Everything You see-very rare psychedelic re-release from late 60's "Mr Armageddon featres on lots of compilations. Horn section and Dick Heckstall Smith guests

Touch-Touch. Rare release psychedelic/ prog featuring Don Gallucci from the Stooges from 1970. "Down at Circes Place" is a well known classic.

Woolly Wolstenholme-Black Box Recovered-A host of unreleased rarities, live tracks and demos from the early 80's from the Barclay James Harvest keyboard maestro, 9 unreleased tracks and a demo from his new album to be released on Eclectic

Purchases can be made on www.eclecticdiscs.com. payment can also be made by paypal to [email protected] . It can also be made by cash, UK cheque or International money order to the address on the website. For those who dont have cards and are US residents there is an option on-line to pay by US cheque with 2checkout.com.

Many Thanks to you all.

Are you sure these are SACD releases Sandy. I looked at the site, and it does say "remasters", but I assumed they were Redbook CDs. Good news either way though! Also, am I correct in assuming that the US version of A Tab in the Ocean they mentioned are still SQ encoded in the new remaster? Mike.

The remasters discussed on the website are indeed redbook cds. The above note was sent to me due to my being on the mailing list. As you can see, they are considering releasing Journey, RTF, and DTE as SACD multichannel hybrids. Actually from things I've read that have been posted to a few Nektar related forums, it is definate that Nektar titles will be released in multi channel format, just the details need to be worked out. The Passport remix of Tab is an unmarked SQ quad, just play the lp through a decent decoder and it is apparent. The redbook cd remaster will contain bothe versions of the album, the UA english lp and the Passport US lp. Roye Albrighton is doing the work, so the original SQ encoding will be intact, just as it is on th RTF remaster. If anything the separation is better.

sspsandy said:
The remasters discussed on the website are indeed redbook cds. The above note was sent to me due to my being on the mailing list. As you can see, they are considering releasing Journey, RTF, and DTE as SACD multichannel hybrids. Actually from things I've read that have been posted to a few Nektar related forums, it is definate that Nektar titles will be released in multi channel format, just the details need to be worked out. The Passport remix of Tab is an unmarked SQ quad, just play the lp through a decent decoder and it is apparent. The redbook cd remaster will contain bothe versions of the album, the UA english lp and the Passport US lp. Roye Albrighton is doing the work, so the original SQ encoding will be intact, just as it is on th RTF remaster. If anything the separation is better.

Yes, I have the new RTF remaster and it is great on my Tate. I just ordered A Tab in the Ocean over the website ... preordered anyway. I like that album a lot. It would be great to see MC SACDs though, and the order folks are great to deal with. Thanks for the update Sandy. Cheers, Mike.

I just got this in my e-mail about the first Nektar multichannel SACD release:

" Just to let you know Journey to centre of the Eye is being added
today-as available on pre-order.

This will be an SACD hybrid release, meaning that it can be played
in surround for those that have the facility to do that either on
home surround sound system or DVD player with SACD capability and on
an ordinary CD player for those that dont. The tapes lend themselves
to a good job in surround. "

I can't wait. Finally some good progressive rock releases. (y) Cheers, Mike. :D

Quadzilla said:
I just got this in my e-mail about the first Nektar multichannel SACD release:

" Just to let you know Journey to centre of the Eye is being added
today-as available on pre-order.

This will be an SACD hybrid release, meaning that it can be played
in surround for those that have the facility to do that either on
home surround sound system or DVD player with SACD capability and on
an ordinary CD player for those that dont. The tapes lend themselves
to a good job in surround. "

I can't wait. Finally some good progressive rock releases. (y) Cheers, Mike. :D

Yes 'Fragile' and ELP 'Brain Salad Surgery' weren't good progressive rock releases?

Back