New CD_4 cartridge

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using this Ed Saunders cartridge for CD-4 for over a year, and have been very happy with it. The members on this board have recommendations for better CD-4 cartridges, line contact and whatnot, but since these are readily available, and the replacement needles are reasonable, I've been going with it.

Has anyone out there had experience with the Walco ES-30 EX Phono Cartridge. I have seen it advertised at GARAGE-A-RECORDS and have wanted to order it but have not heard anyone else mention it. If any out there know anything about this cartridge let me know

I tried the Walco ES30EX before I discovered the Audio Technica Trackmaster Eight, and have since determined that it's performance is signifigantly inferior to the Trackmaster 8. It is less than satisfactory for CD-4 use. It will make an O.K. stereo cartridge.

The Quadfather

fdrennen said:
Has anyone out there had experience with the Walco ES-30 EX Phono Cartridge. I have seen it advertised at GARAGE-A-RECORDS and have wanted to order it but have not heard anyone else mention it. If any out there know anything about this cartridge let me know

Back