New David Bowie documentary

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We watched it on the living room 5.1.2 rig last night and had it turned up most of the time. Loved it! Saw lots of early footage most for the first time and gasped aloud. We heard so many of Bowie's thoughts directly and that was fine with me. I found it very well edited with imaginative staging throughout. Highly recommended, especially at $16!
Your comments easily sold me. ORDERED!

We watched it on the living room 5.1.2 rig last night and had it turned up most of the time. Loved it! Saw lots of early footage most for the first time and gasped aloud. We heard so many of Bowie's thoughts directly and that was fine with me. I found it very well edited with imaginative staging throughout. Highly recommended, especially at $16!
And it has a VERY immersive audio mix, doesn’t it? 😎

Did anyone listen to the Atmos version? It seems it's only available (or kind of) at Amz UK (make a search for B0B7SBHFWY)

I guess I don't see the point of making one version 5.1 and another version Atmos.
Dumb as it sounds, but it seems they've done it and limited the release to the UK. Rest of European countries seem to have the regular 5.1 version

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221214-152339~2.png
    Screenshot_20221214-152339~2.png
    793.6 KB · Views: 0
Dumb as it sounds, but it seems they've done it and limited the release to the UK. Rest of European countries seem to have the regular 5.1 version
Yes, hard for me to understand why a European version will be Atmos and a US version 5.1.
My small brain thinks wouldn't it be easier to just make one?
Is there a rule US vs Euro about this?
Metallica's -Through The Never, did the same thing. I thought they must be lying and I ordered the Euro Atmos version from Amazon UK, got it and it would not play, region specific.

Someone most know the why, legal?

Yes, hard for me to understand why a European version will be Atmos and a US version 5.1.
My small brain thinks wouldn't it be easier to just make one?
Is there a rule US vs Euro about this?
Metallica's -Through The Never, did the same thing. I thought they must be lying and I ordered the Euro Atmos version from Amazon UK, got it and it would not play, region specific.

Someone most know the why, legal?
Re Metallica, I have the blu ray and it’s not in atmos, i’m in the UK, I believe it’s only the German version that has atmos, why? Who knows?

Reading this thread , the documentary is mostly 70's and 80's music ?

Well if that's the case I'll have to get this bluray. Those are the years I love the most from Bowie. Specifically 1970 through to 1985. His 70's music output is definitely a must own.

Hoping Tony Visconti can do up some 5.1 of Diamond Dogs !!!

https://www.criterion.com/films/33621-moonage-daydreamThis will be getting the Criterion treatment, as part of a distribution deal Criterion cut with NEON earlier this year. Out this September in 4K with the Atmos
(also worth mentioning in terms of recent music documentaries with Atmos mixes, they have the Apple TV+ Velvet Underground documentary)
That Todd Haynes VU film was great. Looks like both films are on sale right now:
https://www.criterion.com/films/33386-the-velvet-underground

Back