New David Gilmour record Luck and Strange Sept. 6 2024 (Atmos BluRay)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The show in '87 at Tampa Stadium was in surround sound, and the rear speakers took up multiple rows of seating. Best sounding concert I have ever heard. Saw them another time in Tampa Stadium, and another in Orlando, in the rain.
They had huge PA's at the 77 concert, when they played "Dogs" it rotated around the stadium.

The Pulse tour in '94 was the first and only time that I got to see Pink Floyd (wasn't quite old enough to swing the Delicate tour). I know the Roger purists will decry that as not really Floyd, but it sure is to me. Still my #1 even with all the concerts before and since.

I do have to say that the Rattle that Lock tour is right up there. Especially the show at the Chicago Auditorium Theatre. Excellent acoustics and a stellar performance from everyone. David's voice at the time still sounded amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_20160406_201210.jpg
    IMG_20160406_201210.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20160406_210928.jpg
    IMG_20160406_210928.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20160406_214919.jpg
    IMG_20160406_214919.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
I think it's a shame that's the only way to get the Blu-ray. I would have much preferred (and, frankly, expected) a CD/Blu-ray package just like Rattle That Lock and The Endless River. I quite like those little boxes.

0888751232822.jpg

This is a picture from the UK site that LMQ is talking about. I don't think it's nearly as hefty as the Rattle set. Though, at that same site, at the very bottom they do show a deluxe box as "coming soon" and the picture is blurred out. Who knows what that consists of....
1713991569670.png

This is a picture from the UK site that LMQ is talking about. I don't think it's nearly as hefty as the Rattle set. Though, at that same site, at the very bottom they do show a deluxe box as "coming soon" and the picture is blurred out. Who knows what that consists of....
View attachment 104760
My guess is it includes vinyl

View attachment 104760
Definitely with vinyl

1713992053442.png

It also appears to include only one optical disc, probably the Blu-ray. So, no CD/Blu-ray combo in a single release. Disappointing.

Amazing how it's available in just about any possible config, singles or bundled here.
https://store-uk.davidgilmour.com/
What a wonderful website:

IMG_1569.jpeg

But thanks to @GOS' screenshot, I can see that the only way to (currently) get both a CD and Blu-ray is in a bundle of two separate releases, rather than one release with both discs.

Last edited:
I'll have to order it when I get home, getting on a priority list for gig tickets is a real bonus, I'm up in Leeds for a meeting, a horrible 6hr drive up, heavy traffic and so many road works, and I'm driving home tomorrow after the meeting so another 6hr 'fun' drive - I've his stereo early albums on the car SSD, only got the Floyd in surround on it, so did listen to A Delicate Sound Of Thunder on the way up

Back