New Dolby Atmos BluRay discs from Rhino

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had I waited for your post Blackwood, I would have gotten 15% off instead of 10%. Next time perhaps we should try CC23WMX100 to try to get 100% off? :ROFLMAO:
Not gonna lie... I did try some other numbers last year just to see what was possible. Wasn’t bold enough for 100, but went up to about 50 in increments of five.

Other than proving my ability to count from 10 to 50 by 5s, I was unsuccessful in getting a bigger discount last year. Someone had tipped me off to the 15% recently, so I kept it handy.

I will add this for the Apple folks... I tried three times with ApplePay which is usually quick and easy (and dangerous... it’s like you’re not spending real money) and it never took, whether on a desktop browser or phone browser. PayPal worked, though.

Just Fleetwood Mac for me. I’m currently living for the moment they announce Grateful Dead Atmos BDs.

I’m currently living for the moment they announce Grateful Dead Atmos BDs.
Yesterday Rhino announced some deluxe reissues of “From The Mars Hotel”, for its 50th anniversary. No Blu-ray unfortunately… but maybe keep an eye out on Apple Music for an Atmos mix.

Supposedly Steven Wilson has completed an Atmos mix of Blues For Allah, I really hope that one and his American Beauty Atmos make it to this new Atmos blu ray campaign…

Yesterday Rhino announced some deluxe reissues of “From The Mars Hotel”, for its 50th anniversary. No Blu-ray unfortunately… but maybe keep an eye out on Apple Music for an Atmos mix.

Supposedly Steven Wilson has completed an Atmos mix of Blues For Allah, I really hope that one and his American Beauty Atmos make it to this new Atmos blu ray campaign…
After no BD for the Wake of the Flood anniversary release recently (oh how I wanted to hear Eyes of the World in Atmos), I had no expectation we’d get one for Mars Hotel. But yeah... keeping my eyes on streaming.

Between the Dead and their marketing of live material (box sets and Dave’s Picks), and Rhino now one of surround fan’s best friends, I retain high hopes that we will eventually see Atmos discs for the Dead.

American Beauty in Atmos is tremendous, and in terms of full albums, I think Blues for Allah is my favorite overall, so a Steven Wilson mix (on disc, please) would make my day year.

But not to take away from this new batch from Rhino. Really excited by their love for classic music in Atmos and Quad right now. ForagingRhino could change his name to SantaRhino because it keeps feeling like Christmas with all these great titles being released.

I am glad to see more and more of these types of discs getting released certainly! I'm mostly interested in FM and possibly the Doors, but I already own the DVD-A for both Rumours and L.A. Woman as well as the Doors Quad SACD.

As I'm currently having some pretty expensive stuff going on with my house, money's a little tighter than it might be otherwise...is it worth it for me to pick these up, or will the mixes be the same as what I already have?

Opinions?

Jon

I hate the album Jagged Little Pill, good music but was ruined by the fact, 30 years ago my wife was going through a divorce with her spoiled rich junkie ex husband, and he always played that album so I hated it.
I completely get that and empathize with you.
But I am really surprised that I see no love for Alanis from others here. I consider that album an absolute classic, and having the RHCP as a backing band doesn't hurt either.

I ordered all but Hootie. I was expecting that a physical edition of Rumors in Atmos would appear, I am so happy with this batch :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely get that and empathize with you.
But I am really surprised that I see no love for Alanis from others here. I consider that album an absolute classic, and having the RHCP as a backing band doesn't hurt either.

I ordered all but Hotie. I was expecting that a physical edition of Rumors in Atmos would appear, I am so happy with this batch :D
I bought the Jagged Little Pill bluray. I had mixed one song from the stereo to 5.1 using DeMix Pro. Although it came out great, I could tell that the other songs were going to be challenging. So I am thrilled with this release.

I just ordered three titles [all except Hootie of which I own both the DVD~A and the remastered LOSSY DD 5.1 version/96/24 Stereo]. Discount code worked [thanks] and just about covered s/h charges.

And when they arrive from 'Gnarlywood' ..... they arrive!

Thanks again to foraging Rhino for his utmost enthusiasm and I'm sure there will be WAAAAYYYY more to come.

Start SAVING!

Last edited:
Only interested in the classics, FM and Doors. Have the Mac in 5.1, but don't have the 5.1 of the Doors compilation, which I've heard raves about. I do have the Doors INFINITE box, which is excellent, and can't wait to hear how those tunes are improved upon (the first album is basically quad + ambience, yet sounds amazing on SACD!). So, pre-ordered FM and Doors. . . .

Ordered all four for a touch under £80 (thanks to whoever posted the code). Assuming I am lucky enough to avoid Customs charges (and I’ve been lucky with the Quadio bundles - so far!) then I doubt they’ll be available in the UK as cheap, if at all. Bring ’em on!

Excuses, excuses, Ralph. :ROFLMAO:
Well, AR, the 25th Anniversary HOOTIE set contains 4 discs including an RBCD of a concert LIVE AT NICKS in Pittsburgh, PA from 1995! B sides et alia on another RBCD.

So, my compadre, 3 outta four ain't BAD!

Am currently listening to the DD 5.1 through my Parasound P7 .......and for DD 5.1 sounds pretty awesome!

HAVE A NICE DAY! LOL!

I'm actually trying to place an order on Rhino store but BUY NOW button not working for me. I click but order is not processed. Anybody with my same issue? 😭

I'm actually trying to place an order on Rhino store but BUY NOW button not working for me. I click but order is not processed. Anybody with my same issue? 😭
Try disabling your pop-up blocker and hitting refresh. Sometimes, just the refresh will do the trick.

Back