New Dolby Atmos BluRay discs from Rhino

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although The Doors were a little before my time, I recently bought The Doors movie on VHS at a thrift shop, the movie was interesting enough for me to head over to Vintage Stock soon to buy a used disc copy of the movie.

The Doors Blu-ray does mention that the disc has a 5.1 mix, but no mention of the original ~50 year old 4.0 Quad mix being on the new Blu-ray too, a Google search reveals that this 4.0 mix has been released twice already (not by WMG/Rhino though), I'm wondering why the original 4.0 mix wasn't included on this new Atmos Blu-ray?

Kirk Bayne
It's 19 songs, so quad not available for all of those

I would like to have the original 4.0 mix of The Doors also (no need for the stereo "downmix" of it), perhaps once these Atmos Blu-rays are sold out, this title could be remastered and rereleased with the 4.0 mix added (maybe for $30 instead of $25)...and now back to the regularly scheduled thread...

Kirk Bayne

Last edited:
Why no OG quad mix?
I think people are confusing this release (1985 double album) with the 1973 compilation of the same name, which did have a quad mix but only had 11 songs on it. It has been reissued in quad twice now, once from Audio Fidelity and once again on Blu-ray from Rhino themselves in 2017 as part of “The Singles” set.

I think people are confusing this release (1985 double album) with the 1973 compilation of the same name, which did have a quad mix but only had 11 songs on it. It has been reissued in quad twice now, once from Audio Fidelity and once again on Blu-ray from Rhino themselves in 2017 as part of “The Singles” set.
Yeah, as you mentioned there are two compilations with same/similar names.

1. The Best of The Doors (1973 album)
- The quad release, later released as SACD/Blu-Ray
- More Info: Wikipedia

2. The Best of The Doors (1985 album)
- Cover of the upcoming Atmos matches this one. Confirmed by Foraging Rhino earlier in the thread.
- More Info: Wikipedia

From earlier... Songs that are on #1 but not #2
  • "Who Do You Love?"
  • "Soul Kitchen"
  • "Take It as It Comes"
  • "Moonlight Drive"

Songs that are on #2 (CD release) but not #1:
  • "Break On Through (To the Other Side)"
  • "The Crystal Ship"
  • "Strange Days"
  • "Alabama Song"
  • "Five to One"
  • "Waiting for the Sun"
  • "Spanish Caravan"
  • "When the Music's Over"
  • "Roadhouse Blues"
  • "L.A. Woman"
  • "The Unknown Soldier"
  • "The End"

Been looking for a copy of Rumours for ages, after purchasing the Deluxe Box Sets of Fleetwood Mac & Tusk for the 5.1 - then selling the CD’s/LP/Box.
Very grateful to get the 5.1 + Atmos on Blu-ray as a stand-alone purchase.
Put it out there with a friend here in AUS, -15% who also wanted a copy, and in the end ordering + postage to AUS for A$90 - that’s only $45each 🎹🎸🎶 😎

I can answer this as I ordered all four Atmos titles and have received a shipping notice for Alanis and Hootie.
Ditto, but the items have not left the shipping center as UPS says they can't find the tracking number. IIRC, it was a few days before the items actually got picked up by UPS from the shipping center.

Stoked!! Wanted Rumoirs and Jagged specifically, but to get free freight I ordered all four - nope! 8 cents short :(
I was also enticed by free shipping. I ordered Alanis, because that album is iconic to my formative years.
I’m traumatized by the Hootie album, so f*%k that. I searched around the store for something else I wanted, which ended up being 10000 HZ, by Air.

Back