New DV Releases for January 2021! (Mott the Hoople, BTO, Burton Cummings, Grover Washington Jr!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Besides, I'm a card carrying PCM Lad, FYI! Pure Chaste and Manic!
BTW, the full term is "audiophilia nervosa." I suspect that you and Adam show up in multiple sections of the DSM V Manual, as do the rest of us here at QQ. :censored:

Anyway, are you telling me that you've never experienced Michael Dutton's work in glorious SACD???

Chaste makes waste LOL!

And TASTE makes WAIST!

See the source image

Groovin' to Mott The Hoople in QUAD

Last edited:
I didn’t realize that the Grover was originally a 2 LP set. Can’t wait to hear this almost 70 minute quad release!
So this is interesting. Mark Anderson's discography states that it's not exactly clear if Soul Box vol. 1 was actually in quad. Thus the vagarity of matrix decoders synthesizing quad. BUT, now that we've got both vol. 1 and 2 on discrete SACD, are both volumes actually quad? It won't sway me one way or the other, I'll be buying this release anyway, but I am curious.

They've arrived. All nine of them. I've tried the Mahler & the Beethoven so far. Superb discrete quadraphonic mixes. They're great!
Excellent! I'm an active surround rather than ambient surround fan, and this is exactly the kind of information I'm looking for about these classical releases. My wallet might not be though...

So this is interesting. Mark Anderson's discography states that it's not exactly clear if Soul Box vol. 1 was actually in quad. Thus the vagarity of matrix decoders synthesizing quad. BUT, now that we've got both vol. 1 and 2 on discrete SACD, are both volumes actually quad? It won't sway me one way or the other, I'll be buying this release anyway, but I am curious.

The Q8 was totally discrete quad, both 1 and 2.

So...for those that have the Mott disc...is it worth buying for the one album that is in Quad?
So disappointed the other 2 are stereo only 😢
Though...also interested how the 2 stereo albums sound relative to previous CD versions (since I love those albums...)
Thanks.

So...for those that have the Mott disc...is it worth buying for the one album that is in Quad?
Though...also interested how the 2 stereo albums sound relative to previous CD versions (since I love those albums...)
Thanks.
Dutton Vocalion SACDs are always.... always a great value and worthy surround experience; I bought the Hoople set myself and I don't even really like their stuff that much 😇

Thanks.

That’s not how I look at it. We get the one Quad Mott that was released, and for only $10 bucks more, we get 2 more albums of classic music in Hi-Rez that one normally wouldn’t have bought or even been familiar with. Win - Win in my estimation.

Back