New DV Releases for January 2021! (Mott the Hoople, BTO, Burton Cummings, Grover Washington Jr!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new aquisitions have arrived!

HOORAY !!!♡♡♡

Attachments

• 20210306_195620.jpg
    20210306_195620.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 114
For anyone who purchased the Bachman Turner Overdrive disc and had issues with the size of the text used for the liner note, contact me privately - I have a company-sanctioned PDF with 8.5 point (compared to 6.5 in the published version) text that I can send along.

Yeah, thanks @steelydave.

Much appreciated.

🔍🔎

For anyone who purchased the Bachman Turner Overdrive disc and had issues with the size of the text used for the liner note, contact me privately - I have a company-sanctioned PDF with 8.5 point (compared to 6.5 in the published version) text that I can send along.

My reading vision is getting to the point where I need one of these to read the text in any of the liner notes in CD booklets:

optivisor.jpg

Got mine but man shipping them in a piece cardboard like that caused one case to be broken pretty good, another case has a big crack and the third (middle) case actually survived.
Not at great way to ship the product.
Make your concerns heard. If enough of us do, maybe they'll actually consider changing their packaging, at least for international shipping.

Got mine but man shipping them in a piece cardboard like that caused one case to be broken pretty good, another case has a big crack and the third (middle) case actually survived.
Not at great way to ship the product.

I know what you mean. I actually feared that one or more cases were cracked , but I got lucky.
They're all in good condition for a delivery from the UK.
Would have been a pain in the A if I had to try and replace the cases.

Make your concerns heard. If enough of us do, maybe they'll actually consider changing their packaging, at least for international shipping.
It's nice that their packaging is minimal and fully recyclable, but yes, for international shipping it would be nice to have a more substantial padding. I always hold my breath when opening my D-V shipments. They mention on their website that they've absorbed any shipping material price hikes, but they should consider an option(upcharge) for upgraded shipping with better padding.

Also remember to follow GOS's Law™: "Always purchase from Dutton Vocalion in even number quantities". The packages seem to be packed in tighter, and by word of mouth around here, seem to survive shipping better.

@GOS , when did you trademark GOS’s Law?
haha, yeah. While, none of us should have to order an extra disc just so they won't come cracked...but I'm convinced (unless my supply of 100'ish DV discs is just luck) that by ordering in even numbers....you greatly increase your chances of no cracks. At least, in their current shipping methods. Now, if you order, say around 10-15 at a time? I have no clue how they package them. I think the most I've ever ordered at 1 time is 6.

Gotta get my 2 cents in. I just recieved my order of three and no cracked jewel cases. In fact, in all of my orders, I've had one cracked jewel case. We should not focus on penny ante jewell cases that are a dime a dozen and instead, focus on the product were getting ((Dont bite the hand that feeds you). I sure dont want the price of the discs to go up because someone wants a more elaborate shipping package. Luv ya DV.

Back