New Metallica - 72 Seasons album (film) in Atmos?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost a non-experience.
Occasional vocal echo, harmony vocal, and guitar delay.
Very lame/tame, to the max.

Made Concert for George sound like Kraftwerk, by comparison!
I was going to ask you Mike, seems like our experiences line up.

1. Audience in theater maybe half full.
2. Show starts, volume is low for Grandma, everyone starts yelling, me included, TURN IT UP.
3. Don't know why, artistic freedom?, but every time the boys talked in black and white before a song the tops of there heads, at forehead level was cut off, every time.
4. Never got loud enough.
5. Visuals, half artistic band playing, half visual graphics.
6. Was going for a super Dolby Atmos experience, NOT.

Overall a big dud.

Listening now to a small room vs last nights movie theater, sounds better at home, but still not quite-----, well Metallica not known for surround, why can't big bands with all the money in the world, Metallica, U2, etc get there shit together. The Atmos at home is more surround in a 5.1 fashion, with rear top heights more fired than top fronts.

The actual songs, some are pretty dang good, I think everyone's favorite was the last song, Inamorata at 11:10, Metallica's longest ever recorded song.

I am not going to buy the CD, although tempted, listening to Apple will work for now.

Well good to know it wasn't just me or the theater I went to...The Atmos was underwhelming. I did enjoy hearing an album release this way though.

Yes, volume way too low. Fans got the theater to crank it up twice! Visuals um...I ended up closing my eyes and just listening :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Dublin audience shouted turn it up and the venue did. Was a nice rock volume for the last 9 songs.
Audience a smidge over half full.

I thought two of the videos were pure rubbish.
Chasing Light and Room of Mirrors.

Top of heads slightly cut off for close ups, but zoomed out shots were fine.

Some cool/great riffs. Some boring, stock crappola.

James plays the best solo on the record.

Back