New Order Live Blu-Ray available for pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
https://www.amazon.com/education-entertainment-recreation-Live-Blu-Ray/dp/B08W6P2L7X/
‘Education Entertainment Recreation’ will be released on May 7th on various formats - 2CD audio, 2CD audio plus the film on BluRay, 3LPs and a limited edition box set featuring all formats with a book and art prints.

A career spanning celebration, the band were on relentlessly sparkling form, blending eras and genres and redefining themselves as perhaps the most vital British band of recent decades. Lauded by both fans and critics, it is a timely reminder of the connection we are all missing from live music and the nights we have to look forward to.

:)

This news depresses me more than excites me.
Surround mixes of live concerts do little for me. Hearing the mostly the audience in the rears really doesn't do much for me.

As for New Order in surround? Perfect band for an immersive mix.
I was always hoping that the inevitable re-issues & deluxe editions of New Order's studio albums or at least the 1987 singles compilation album Substance would be released containing a surround mix. Still waiting :( and likely will die waiting ☠

Another one of "those" bands I know nothing about. Hopefully, this makes some fans happy. :)

And the World Goes 'Round and 'Round ... with or without YOU!

See the source image

I saw a clip of this concert over on SDE. It looked boring as hell. I like New Order but, like splinter7, will probably die waiting for some surround material from their studio albums. And, I could only imagine what the price would be, seeing that the last recent deluxe editions sets are overpriced.
Yeah, looks like a bit of a yawn-fest. Just ain't the same without Hooky and his bass dangling round his ankles. Some great tunes back in the day though.

The definitive New Order documentary from 1993? Wish I had seen them live back in the day ... I’m a huge fan ... Technique was massive for me - as was Substance. Loved Republic too.

Anyone else got tickets to see them with the PSB at the Hollywood Bowl in October - hopefully??

Yeah, looks like a bit of a yawn-fest. Just ain't the same without Hooky and his bass dangling round his ankles. Some great tunes back in the day though.

They were never much to look at live. Not the liveliest of live acts. Still love most of their music.

This news depresses me more than excites me.
Surround mixes of live concerts do little for me. Hearing the mostly the audience in the rears really doesn't do much for me.

As for New Order in surround? Perfect band for an immersive mix.
I was always hoping that the inevitable re-issues & deluxe editions of New Order's studio albums or at least the 1987 singles compilation album Substance would be released containing a surround mix. Still waiting :( and likely will die waiting ☠

I agree. I remember listening to their "A Collection" DVD in Dolby 5.1 with a big "meh" after the high hopes I had on it.

Back