New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! Looking forward to reports from early receivers about the new unit!

Did Involve send shipping info? Or how do you know delivery date?

I got shipping info via an email from a company called "Your Freight Agent" on June 3. Then I got an email from "UPS My Choice" this morning stating that the package would be delivered tomorrow. It is coming from Australia by air.

I am happy to report that my Surround Master v2 has just arrived safely. :SG

(UPS put it on the stoop without ringing the doorbell...I have no idea why they do that.)

I won't be able to install it until this evening, but will report my initial impressions tonight or tomorrow. This is my first Surround Master, so I'm thinking of starting with some rudimentary stuff like Please Please Me and then progress to more sophisticated recordings. Then I'll try it with a Logic 7 overlay...Doing so will either yield truly magnificent 7.1 or a sonic mess.

(UPS put it on the stoop without ringing the doorbell...I have no idea why they do that.)

I won't be able to install it until this evening, but will report my initial impressions tonight or tomorrow. This is my first Surround Master, so I'm thinking of starting with some rudimentary stuff like Please Please Me and then progress to more sophisticated recordings. Then I'll try it with a Logic 7 overlay...Doing so will either yield truly magnificent 7.1 or a sonic mess.

You are number 1 and the first to get one....double win!!

Cool Beans!
Like you this will be my first SM. It will be very interesting to hear others make comparisons that have owned both units.
Good luck on your Frankenmatrix experiment.

I know this will be especially difficult for you...your love affair with Logic 7 is well known in these parts...now whether there will be harmony(pun intended)between the SM and Logic 7...or evolve into a nasty separation... will be noteworthy to others on here who dare to spurn their processors....electronics can be tricky and even vindictive at times...just remember my friend...we are here for you...through thick and thin...distortion and discrete...we are here!;)

Cool Beans!
Like you this will be my first SM. It will be very interesting to hear others make comparisons that have owned both units.
Good luck on your Frankenmatrix experiment.

And props to you for bringing back "Cool Beans"...haven't heard that since the 90's...brings back some good memories of past friends (y)

Really? I was under the impression this was more of a cosmetic upgrade and not many changes were made to the actual hardware/decoding capability. Perhaps I missed something...

My understanding is better front panel switching functionality. As far as improved electronic matrix performance, I'm not aware of any.
Perhaps Chucky could clarify.

Thanks, hope he feels better soon.

Hi J. Pupster

Paul has returned from his death bed and says that the initial address we a post office box. The courier could not deliver to a post office box. He says he then obtained your real address. So in short it has not been sent yet - its in the next batch to go out- will happen.

Back