New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi John
You can do what you want but the SM does remove sound from the fronts and puts it to the rears. The net effect will be a loss of front to rear separation.

Regards

Chucky
I find it odd that Sansui chose to run the front channels undecoded in the Hall mode. Not necessary nor desirable IMHO.

See Post #907

Website is of no use. Seems like its defunct? Anybody else have trouble navigating it?
I just checked the website, and it worked just fine. Did you have the right URL? Involveaudio.com? The SMv.3 will be available for preorder within a few months. I recommend going to the site periodically for updates. The v.3 will be worth the wait!

See Post #907

Website is of no use. Seems like its defunct? Anybody else have trouble navigating it?
Hi All

Things have been a bit busy and we have not updated the website (it might happen today). The V3 is in manufacture and available in a few months. I will pass on when the site is updated.

Regards

Chucky

BoJo announced recently a massive new trade deal between UK and Australia.

Maybe we won't pay import taxes eh!

Ah, the 'massive' deal with Australia - is that the one that according to the government's own estimate, would increase the size of the British economy by about 0.02%, over 15 years?!

Last edited:
BoJo announced recently a massive new trade deal between UK and Australia.

Maybe we won't pay import taxes eh!
Ah, the 'massive' deal with Australia - is that the one that according to the government's own estimate, would increase the size of the British economy by about 0.02%, over 15 years?!
We were lucky it was that much, the 'Bluffer' did send the 'Cheesemonger' to do the deal!

Hey Chucky: My SM V2 appears to have developed a service problem- What do you advise to get it checked out in ordered to have it repaired?

BTW, I'm in Edmond, Oklahoma, USA

Thanks, Will R

What is the symptom?

Thanks for your reply. When in the Involve and SQ mode there is a constant loud low frequency rumble along with static hiss in the four main and sub-woofer channels (I do not use the center channel). These issues do not occur when in the stereo mode. When the SM V2 is bypassed, there are no such issues.

Also, a loud pop is heard when switching modes

Additionally, loud static occurs when touching or moving the power input where it is inserted into the SM V2.

The quad and sound quality of the SM V2 is most impressive. I have had no problems with the unit whatsoever until these issues appeared of a sudden. Fortunately, I a quad decoder backup but, it is much inferior to the SM V2. Thus, I look forward to getting back to a healthy SM V2.

Thanks, Will R

Thanks for your reply. When in the Involve and SQ mode there is a constant loud low frequency rumble along with static hiss in the four main and sub-woofer channels (I do not use the center channel). These issues do not occur when in the stereo mode. When the SM V2 is bypassed, there are no such issues.

Also, a loud pop is heard when switching modes

Additionally, loud static occurs when touching or moving the power input where it is inserted into the SM V2.

The quad and sound quality of the SM V2 is most impressive. I have had no problems with the unit whatsoever until these issues appeared of a sudden. Fortunately, I a quad decoder backup but, it is much inferior to the SM V2. Thus, I look forward to getting back to a healthy SM V2.

Thanks, Will R
Sounds like a pooched main board. We will check if we have any spare V2 boards on Monday. I am trying to avoid having to send it back to us for repair, hopefully an easy board swap

Back