New Surround SACDs from Dutton Vocalion; Poco, Johnnie Taylor & Airto/Deodato (July 2018)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well dammit, postie's been and gone and no package from DV in the mail today.. boo hoo.. I shall just have to play with something else this weekend, other than Poco and Johnnie T.

"shake it up, shake it down, shake it all around, Pina Colada.. yeah!":dance

I was hoping too, but alas no knock from Postman Pat. To be honest I'd be pretty amazed if they could actually pick out the SACDs, seal up, print address/stamp and then post in 3 minutes! That was the difference in time from order to shipped! They really are wizards if that's the case!

Ordered my copy of the Poco, got the tracking this time, woke up the next day to the minimalist e-mail "Shipped," but I learned from this forum to write back, and ask for my tracking number. Monday, I hope to have those digits. I like knowing where My Stuff * is.

* Favored George Carlin reference. :LOL:

I thought "Your Stuff" was always in "Your House", which of course is the place you keep "Your Stuff" while you are out looking for "More Stuff",

The Airto/Deodato Live quad SACD has me in a curious state . I don't have a problem with a matrix conversion to discrete on that SACD fwiw .
But I wonder if it will have an SQ Encoded stereo SACD layer ?

There are so very few of these hirez encoded albums .

Actually I can only think of two from the top of my noggin........Santana -Lotus and Barclay James Harvest -Once Again...both have SQ quad encodes.
There may be others but I can't think of any.
This may not seem to important to most qq'ers, but those of us with SQ or QS matrix decoders , such as the Fosgate , Sansui , and the highly promoted Surround Master do care .

The Airto/Deodato Live quad SACD has me in a curious state . I don't have a problem with a matrix conversion to discrete on that SACD fwiw .
But I wonder if it will have an SQ Encoded stereo SACD layer ?

There are so very few of these hirez encoded albums .

Actually I can only think of two from the top of my noggin........Santana -Lotus and Barclay James Harvest -Once Again...both have SQ quad encodes.
There may be others but I can't think of any.
This may not seem to important to most qq'ers, but those of us with SQ or QS matrix decoders , such as the Fosgate , Sansui , and the highly promoted Surround Master do care .

was Deep Purple's Machine Head SQ in the box set in Hi-Res?

I'll try and let you know about the SQ encoded status of the Stereo on the Airto Live when the postman extracts his digit and delivers the f-in' thing! another day and no Poco is a no-no no go no show mofo! :ROFLMAO:

was Deep Purple's Machine Head SQ in the box set in Hi-Res?

I'll try and let you know about the SQ encoded status of the Stereo on the Airto Live when the postman extracts his digit and delivers the f-in' thing! another day and no Poco is a no-no no go no show mofo! :ROFLMAO:

Not certain about that Purple release. Might be lowrez 48/24 ?, someone knows I'm sure.

The A.F. Lotus stereo SACD and the B.J.H. at 96/24 DVD are.
I suppose people with good decoders , enquiring minds would like to know. Would be a bonus to know of all the new format encodes for the lads at Involve Audio (Surround Master ) .

Not certain about that Purple release. Might be lowrez 48/24 ?, someone knows I'm sure.

The A.F. Lotus stereo SACD and the B.J.H. at 96/24 DVD are.
I suppose people with good decoders , enquiring minds would like to know. Would be a bonus to know of all the new format encodes for the lads at Involve Audio (Surround Master ) .

The Deep Purple SQ Encoded disc in the Box Set is on a CD (Disc-3) so 16-bit 44.1kHz
CCF_000073.jpg

Intresting info about the single version of Lazy on the back page. For jukebox promotion here they used the full 7.32 version.

Dear D-V, please give us less? Couldn't disagree more. While I'm not really interested in any of these (maybe Poco), I do appreciate D-V continuing to utilize the twofer format and give us more for our money.

Ummm, Why?

Horrors, Ninecats......I was always told "Never Look a Gift Horse in the Mouth." I totally understand your 'purist' rationale but, hey, 2 QUADs on one SACD for US $16 is a veritable steal [Christmas in July?].

I was always aghast by the incredible waste of real estate when the majors released a single 40 minute album on a BD~A. A BD~A could probably hold twenty times more music per single disc.
These are all valid reactions, strange as it seems I do share your views in a way - the reason I want stand lone discs for proper albums is the very fact that I’m a conservative album romantic. Every album is telling its own story, a reflection of the artist at the time - putting albums glued together kind of lose that perspective.

”You don’t have to listen to both albums at once”

Correct, but I enjoy to sit back, put the record on and play it through without keeping track of another album coming on.

But environment wise, money wise, content wise, you are all right. In fact there is not much in favour for having separate discs, except for my romantization of the album format :)

("hopeless romantics,
here we go again...")

"You and I counting,
desert stars and
lovers,
one by one..

While mandolins and
steel guitars,
Help our love along

Who could show you,
ever know you,
fall into my dream..

Turn around and
there you are in
cowboy boots and faded jeans

It's a sagebrush serenade,
It's a sagebrush serenade..

All around us,
it surrounds us,
harmony
is in the air

We could lose our
hearts tonight and
Never even care..

sagebrush serenade...."

("hopeless romantics,
here we go again...")

"You and I counting,
desert stars and
lovers,
one by one..

While mandolins and
steel guitars,
Help our love along

Who could show you,
ever know you,
fall into my dream..

Turn around and
there you are in
cowboy boots and faded jeans

It's a sagebrush serenade..

All around us,
it surrounds us,
harmony
is in the air

We could lose our
hearts tonight and
Never even care..

sagebrush serenade...."

So can one safely assume that the unabashedly romantic poet laureate of QQ forum received his newest Surround Stash from the Wizard of Watford today and is ensconced in a listening marathon this evening?

Back