NOSOUND - TEIDE 2390 (Live CD/ 5.1 DVD-A/V)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree about the blind test, even if for many this is 'annoying' and they would not admit it, I think the difference between a very good lossy conversion and lossless one sometimes is just not there..and I work every day mixing and mastering music in a professional studio. For live releases, where typically you have many mics and lots of bleeding signal into each mic (if they're not re-recording stuff in studio... :smokin), once you get the dynamic and nominal frequencies, you get all that is there and there's not enough 'fine detail' to appreciate differences like for a studio album.

We hope to play "continental" Spain and more Europe next Summer before new studio album!

Just let me know if I can help with the promotion. I've got a friend in a prog radio station that could give us a hand (a Nosound special show could be a good start). Don't be too excited, it's not a mainstream radio :(

0tto cd is (luckily or not) far from being dead.
cannot argue here, you should know better. i just came to this assumption seeing that mostly folks around for listening, even in cars, uses all sort of gadgets.
well at homes as well i don't know who has CD players. it's been long time since all switched to DVD players even for simple background music listening.
but as i said, you're the boss and must know better :)

cannot argue here, you should know better. i just came to this assumption seeing that mostly folks around for listening, even in cars, uses all sort of gadgets.
well at homes as well i don't know who has CD players. it's been long time since all switched to DVD players even for simple background music listening.
but as i said, you're the boss and must know better :)

You would be surprised....cd and vinyl (!) are still the main music reproduction physical means, just because most people anyway will take the cd and move it to their phone/mobile/computer. Obviously this applies to the average listener of this kind of music (alt/prog/metal etc.), and it's just because most people don't listen to music on an hifi sadly. Only a small percentage ever uses the dvd we enclose, and of those only a very small percentage is interested into the DVD-A. When there are multiple versions like dvd-v-, dvd-a, bluray, the dvd-v sells the most, bluray is catching up quickly, dvd-a is ways behind (N times less units), with vinyl outselling it a lot. Obviously the cd sells N times more than any dvd.

CD at the moment is still just the standard for physical music delivery, we here are a bit the exception with our surround and hifi setups...but well for me that's the correct way anyway, but I have to keep a look at everyone's needs and the statistics we get with Kscope and our store online, because they're pretty much constant across all the artists.

In good news the work on the surround part is going very well...during this Christmas I'll be able to release a couple of free instrumental tracks from our previous albums...yes in surround lossless as well :) ...just to keep everyone happy waiting for January preorders launch for the new live and its promo (stereo and surround!) material and campaign :)

right. that's gives more reasons to appreciate your readiness to communicate with us and willingness to hear all our weird wishes and ideas (y)
as long as you giving surround lossless streams, for me it doesn't matter in which form, i can just build my personal DVDA or BDA and be absolutely happy with it.

right. that's gives more reasons to appreciate your readiness to communicate with us and willingness to hear all our weird wishes and ideas (y)
as long as you giving surround lossless streams, for me it doesn't matter in which form, i can just build my personal DVDA or BDA and be absolutely happy with it.

Thanks, I truly appreciate all your support, I think the future of music is going to be almost-free-and-promotional streaming (downloads are basically dead also for independent traders) plus deluxe physical editions that can justify the modern world lower printing cost but the price tag for buying the physical thing, getting something of superior quality in terms of packaging and contents.

In this perspective I think that doing the cd+dvd or cd+bluray is at the moment the bridge towards the future already, as it is the surround music, so I'm glad to do what I do as artist, enthusiast and consumer...some sort of win-win-win situation :)

I think most people will know what to do with a flac surround file, and if you'll be able to help me with a page/post where is explained how to transform this into a dvd-a or bluray (on mac and pc) for less computer savvy people, I'll have something to give to customers looking for support, and I'm sure other artists of Kscope will follow integrating the Flac masters not only as download but in the disc itself that I think makes much more sense and things much easier for everyone.

And now....back to mastering....I hope more and more artists will understand the beauty of surround and I'll have more albums to mix and master for THE best way of listening to music :)

From Giancarlo's fb page

In Rome finalising the dvd, working on new material, meeting with the band, and preparing something we'll share with all of you in the next few days as a New Year gift..for your mobile player, your hifi, your surround system..

:banana:

1504083_10152938438359761_2781370494168057332_n.jpg

Hello everyone,

are you all enjoying some quality time at home with your families/friends and possibly showing off your surround setup and rooms? :)

I have a good news for you...after some tests with the original idea of including the FLAC lossless 24/96 surround files directly on the dvd, we've seen that MLP compression has a better ratio and considering the amount of the material is in a way the only feasible way. SO....I have a first running hybrid dvd-a/dvd-v dual layer test disc running just now on my setup.

Still not officially official (!) but I can say that new Nosound live album will be in dvd-a (MLP 24/96 5.1) and dvd-v (LPCM stereo 24/96, DD 5.1, DTS 5.1 24/96).

Still not officially official (!) but I can say that new Nosound live album will be in dvd-a (MLP 24/96 5.1) and dvd-v (LPCM stereo 24/96, DD 5.1, DTS 5.1 24/96).

is that will be hybrid DVDA, without video performance?

Yep hybrid dvd-av with the mlp 24/96 surround without video performance (obviously) on the dvd-a and the dvd-v (linked) containing the stereo, dd and dts with the video performance (45 minutes, about half gig, filmed).

Yes it's an hybrid like previous releases, the only challenge this time is fitting in the right way everything in a single disc...even if double layer the material is a lot, and having both stereo and surround in 24/96 plus the video material is not easy but hopefully we'll do it ;)

never done it myself but i can believe you that this can be challenging task trying to preserve enough room on disc without scarification of video quality.

Yep most of all considering that most bandwidth is taken by audio, the remaining for the video must be precisely within specs and different encoders even at CBR let some peaks slip through and that's enough to ruin the party...and if it was not enough obviously there's the picture quality challenge, trying to preserve as much as possible and performing countless tests till you get the best compromise.

On the way...one last problem to solve and then we should be there :)

maybe you should drop DD?
it's not much but better than nothing. after all i don't think there are still out DVD players which cannot handle DTS.

maybe you should drop DD?
it's not much but better than nothing. after all i don't think there are still out DVD players which cannot handle DTS.

It was one of the options but indeed on a total of 9.8 taking out 0.5 doesn't help that much, and there are still many people with old players not supporting DTS and sending me messages saying they listen to Dolby (including two members of the band!). Also many non expert know Dolby word and select it automatically even if their player supports DTS. Last but not least the bigger manufacturing plants require (rightly) strict book compatibility, and so first track is PCM and second is DD...making second DTS is out of specs (obviously these specs are old but still valid) and would not pass their automatic tests and so it would not be duplicated.

So the small additional 0.5 bandwidth I'd get is not worth it taking out a format that for us is useless but for many (if not most) is still THE format (even if just because of the name/logo) for the 'cinema sound' or just the only one their old(ish) system support ;)

We solved the last problem we got, now is time to see how much we can squeeze and/or link on the dvd-a side...if not the flac option work anyway so is good to know we'll have anyway a way to deliver the sound at its top quality in a way or another.

Hybrid dvd-v/dvd-a with all video contents plus lossless 24/96 stereo and surround and Dolby and DTS 24/96...it fits....JUST!

space.png

Sometimes the fine line between being VERY precise and VERY lucky is VERY fine.... :)

Back