NOSOUND - TEIDE 2390 (Live CD/ 5.1 DVD-A/V)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it needs to be refined because is too tiny to be safe...but as a starting point is good because we still have things here and there that can be slightly reduced ;)

Thanks, I truly appreciate all your support, I think the future of music is going to be almost-free-and-promotional streaming (downloads are basically dead also for independent traders) plus deluxe physical editions that can justify the modern world lower printing cost but the price tag for buying the physical thing, getting something of superior quality in terms of packaging and contents.

In this perspective I think that doing the cd+dvd or cd+bluray is at the moment the bridge towards the future already, as it is the surround music, so I'm glad to do what I do as artist, enthusiast and consumer...some sort of win-win-win situation :)

I think most people will know what to do with a flac surround file, and if you'll be able to help me with a page/post where is explained how to transform this into a dvd-a or bluray (on mac and pc) for less computer savvy people, I'll have something to give to customers looking for support, and I'm sure other artists of Kscope will follow integrating the Flac masters not only as download but in the disc itself that I think makes much more sense and things much easier for everyone.

And now....back to mastering....I hope more and more artists will understand the beauty of surround and I'll have more albums to mix and master for THE best way of listening to music :)

Sounds great. Thanks very much.

yeah, you're absolutely right. i forgot that DD is mandatory.
leave out "first play". i always hated this annoying crap. just go straight to "menu sellection"

No first play, never used that (I think!).

Checked with manufacturing a few things...with such packed DVD finding a suitable and 'correct' layer break point is basically impossible :(

Considering that the video content cannot be reduced further, and all the other audio content is as well compressed, the main problem is the uncompressed stereo PCM taking loads of space. At the moment the simplest solution seems to make it all available as 24/48 and no 24/96, or to leave the 24/96 only for the surround on the dvd-a and leave the 24/48 for the pcm stereo (we tried as well compressing stereo 24/96 in mlp lossless but being again additional content, even if compressed, does not fit).

Either solutions are good to be honest, so we just have to see which one will work best!

No first play, never used that (I think!).

Checked with manufacturing a few things...with such packed DVD finding a suitable and 'correct' layer break point is basically impossible :(

Considering that the video content cannot be reduced further, and all the other audio content is as well compressed, the main problem is the uncompressed stereo PCM taking loads of space. At the moment the simplest solution seems to make it all available as 24/48 and no 24/96, or to leave the 24/96 only for the surround on the dvd-a and leave the 24/48 for the pcm stereo (we tried as well compressing stereo 24/96 in mlp lossless but being again additional content, even if compressed, does not fit).

Either solutions are good to be honest, so we just have to see which one will work best!

What do you think is the estimated date of release to the public?

MLP encoder has an option to reduce range of some channels. for example no one really needs LFE @ 96/24
rear channel, if they contains mainly synth with no vox/acoustic can be reduced to 48KHz
so take a look at this as well.
if that's me, i would sacrifice stereo :)

:) Yes I imagine many here would sacrifice stereo but I know you all know that's not possible because is the main format ;)

I just run a test, even reducing lfe would not change much because MLP is already very compressed, and rears are used as well for acoustic and other stuff like that.

Anyway the difference would not be enough to include uncompressed stereo pcm 24/96 (about 1.5 gig more than the 24/48).

So for now working solution is surround mlp 24/96 (only on the dvd-a part), plus stereo pcm 24/48, DD and DTS 24/96 for the dvd-v part (linked on the dvd-a menus as well), sounds good for now :)

you can put the stereo into DD. i wouldn't be upset because of this :sun

you can put the stereo into DD. i wouldn't be upset because of this :sun

Even if we are on Quadraphonic forum, I have to take care of everyone, so even if I know many would not hear difference between any PCM, DTS, DD or MLP, I'll play fair and stereo will be at least lossless 24/48...let's just hope surround lossless will fit as 24/96 or I'll have to include it as 24/48 as well..but for now it looks good as 24/96 ;)

Even if we are on Quadraphonic forum, I have to take care of everyone, so even if I know many would not hear difference between any PCM, DTS, DD or MLP, I'll play fair and stereo will be at least lossless 24/48...let's just hope surround lossless will fit as 24/96 or I'll have to include it as 24/48 as well..but for now it looks good as 24/96 ;)

It's your gig my man.....you gotta do what you feel is right. I'm just grateful you are working on surround music. I totally appreciate the effort you are giving.

Thanks, I share such things here (unusual for me) because this community always help and support Nosound and good quality music, so I see it as a win-win situation.

I also think the quality of Nosound releases in terms of 'sound quality' keeps increasing, and this live will be another big step up, because production/mixing/mastering in stereo and surround is my job (also outside of Nosound) so it's good to join and share opinions with other people caring about sound quality out there :)

Speaking about...the surprise track for this end of the year (a tradition for Nosound) is ready, a delicious remaster of a never released before version. I'll prepare it in mp3 and as well in flac 24/48 stereo and surround, all for free...31st of December seems to be the release date :)

Thanks, I share such things here (unusual for me) because this community always help and support Nosound and good quality music, so I see it as a win-win situation.

I also think the quality of Nosound releases in terms of 'sound quality' keeps increasing, and this live will be another big step up, because production/mixing/mastering in stereo and surround is my job (also outside of Nosound) so it's good to join and share opinions with other people caring about sound quality out there :)

Speaking about...the surprise track for this end of the year (a tradition for Nosound) is ready, a delicious remaster of a never released before version. I'll prepare it in mp3 and as well in flac 24/48 stereo and surround, all for free...31st of December seems to be the release date :)

It is win-win. To be quite honest....I am pleasantly surprised that there is a forum where we can mix the end consumer with those (like you) who are in the trenches making the product. Seriously...this is just amazing. I am so happy that we have a vehicle to get this done. And...appreciate your willingness to put yourself out there. Takes guts.

Hello everyone,

as promised here's the free FLAC surround download to celebrate the New Year! Instrumental version of Fading Silently, available as MP3, Stereo 24/48 and Surround 24/48 5.1 Flac:

http://thebenchmusic.com/nosound/

New test disc dvd-v/dvd-a with PCM Stereo 24/48 (and Surround MLP 24/96 on the dvd-a) works well, and we were able to encode video with much higher quality, really stunning for a dvd-v also on big screens :)
Hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll have a first promo video/preview of the new live release, and I hope I'll be able as well to release something in Surround :)

Happy New Year!

band_hires_sq_col_web1-640px.jpg

thank Giancarlo.
Happy New Year and best wishes for you and your bandmates as well.

Just a quick update...dvd-v/a hybrid dual layer disc image is ready for testing and playing nicely, stereo 24/48 lossless and surround 24/96 lossless :)

I remember Oppo (83?) players were a bit problematic last time...anyone with that player wishing to help and having a fast connection and possibility to burn a dvd-dl drop me a message!

Burning Shed preorder for this title should be up soon, but in the meantime, here's an amazon.co.uk preorder with lots of info:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Teide-2390-Nosound/dp/B00SW2WXEO

NOSOUND LIVE IN CONCERT AT THE STARMUS ASTRONOMY FESTIVAL AT THE TEIDE OBSERVATORY IN TENERIFE Nosound have been regarded by critics and fans alike as one of the most interesting up and coming alt/art rock bands in Europe, inventively combining influences from '70s psychedelia, '80s/'90s ambient and contemporary alternative, progressive and post rock. Started as a one man studio project in 2005 by Giancarlo Erra, but has since grown into a five piece band, evolving into something unique, focused and powerful. The music is evocative and intense, with personal songwriting. Influences range from Pink Floyd to Brian Eno, from Porcupine Tree to Sigur Ros, passing through rock and electronic/ambient. In summer of 2014 Nosound were invited to perform at an extraordinary festival – the Starmus Festival to be held at the Teide Observatory on the island of Tenerife. This unique international astronomy festival was to bring together an array of musical talent from European opera legend Katerina Mina and the legendary Rick Wakeman and leading figures in contemporary science with talks from the likes of Brian May, Nobel Prize winners & cosmonauts with the Keynote speech given by Professor Stephen Hawking. It was here that Nosound recorded their forthcoming CD/DVD release 'Teide 2390'. Performed and recorded at Starmus infront of an invited audience at an altitude of 2390m the band played songs from their 2005 debut 'Sol29', 2008's 'Lightdark', 2009's 'A Sense Of Loss' as well as their most recent album 'Afterthoughts', which has brought them success and acclaim from media and fans alike worldwide with Prog Magazine describing it as "extraordinary". 'Teide 2390' features an audio CD of the full set clocking in at over 70 minutes. The DVD-A/V includes standard & HD both in stereo & 5.1 mix: DVD-V: stereo 24/48 LPCM, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, DTS 24/96 5.1 Surround plus a mini film based on Nosound gig (incl. In My Fears, Fading Silently, Places Remained, Kites, Cold Afterall) with behind the scenes footage and pictures from the event. DVD-A: 5.1 Surround 24/96 MLP lossless mixes The CD/DVD is presented in a deluxe media book with 24 page colour booklet.

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. In My Fears ( 07:00 )
2. Fading Silently ( 08:05 )
3. Places Remained ( 04:46 )
4. Kites ( 07:55 )
5. Cold Afterall ( 06:12 )
6. The Anger Story ( 04:03 )
7. Idle End ( 05:33 )
8. Whenever You Are ( 05:41 )
9. Paralysed ( 07:35 )
10. I Miss The Ground ( 04:48 )
11. A New Start ( 05:05 )
12. The Moment She Knew ( 08:39 )
Disc: 2
1. Short Concert Film : In My Fears / Fading Silently / Places Remained / Kites / Cold Afterall ( 35:00 )
2. Stereo 24/48 LPCM, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround DTS 24/96 MLP Lossless Mixes Of All Tracks ( 59:59 )

Sounds like a winner to me! Another one to order at some point! :)

Back