OK, who has this one?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
:eek: Not me :(

Attachments

• ringo.JPG
    ringo.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 269
JonUrban said:
I used to.... man, I wish I had kept all my quads from back then. I had so many great titles on Quad 8. I get so sad when i think about all the great stuff that i took for granted and would kill to have now. Especially the Capitols... I loved the purple cartridges.

Bob Romano said:
I used to.... man, I wish I had kept all my quads from back then. I had so many great titles on Quad 8. I get so sad when i think about all the great stuff that i took for granted and would kill to have now. Especially the Capitols... I loved the purple cartridges.

Jon, if you want to do cut&paste over another cart, do it better. :)

Hey. if anyone here has the real thing and wants to trade, you can have my car! (Trust me, I'll still get the better end of the deal...) : )

There is so much stuff in tape form and some demos. I know someone who listened to a sq mix of sargent pepper. His friend the fellow(quad pioneer) who owned the Lp is dead now, no idea where it went, loved to have heard it.

Wow -- a pic worth 1,000,000 words (and possibly a car).

Larry Clifton eventually listed this as "Never Released". Glad to know he was wrong for once.

So why doesn't anyone have it?

Just to set the record straight, this is a picture of the slick that sold on eBay a few years ago. It does not exist as a tape. Too bad. Somewhere, in some vault, the master reel sits.

JonUrban said:
Just to set the record straight, this is a picture of the slick that sold on eBay a few years ago. It does not exist as a tape. Too bad. Somewhere, in some vault, the master reel sits.

I remember that auction (I lost). Did anyone here snag the slick (Jon?), and is it the real deal (i.e., not some computer-generated extrapolation)?

No - I did not win it (I got outbid too)
Yes - I believe it to be real, as it WAS scheduled, as well as Yoko's FLY (which I do have an ad for somewhere)

JonUrban said:
Just to set the record straight, this is a picture of the slick that sold on eBay a few years ago. It does not exist as a tape.

Jon,

How do you know that? Did anyone try to contact either the auction seller or winner to find out more?

Sniff.

Back in 1995... before I jumped onto the Web, I decided to give up all my quad tape stuff, both R-R and 8-track.

I sold the stuff locally.

I had over 90 Q8s, many were repeats but all were in good to excellent shape and around 1/4th were still sealed. If I had them now I surely would make at least a couple thousand on eBay. New setill-sealed Allman Brothers and many other desireable items.

Sniff.

Back