Paco de Lucia died R.I.P.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would recommend this disc if you don't have anything of Paco's...R.I.P.

61c7APcjwqL._SX300_.jpg

Hey All,

I am a huge Trio fan, both of the Larry Coryell lineup circa 1979 (sans DiMeola) and the more well known Al/John/Paco lineup. Over the years I have gotten every scrap by these guys I could get my hands on. If anyone wants to connect about this I'd love to talk.

Very sad and surprised to hear of Paco's passing this morning. Relatively young at 66 years old, and a loss to the musical community.

There is an excellent video that is not too hard to find called Meeting Of The Spirits (with the Coryell lineup). I highly recommend this as a document of Paco's abilities, as well as the others. On certain solos the tosses his head back, gets a big grin, and just soars musically! It can take your breath away.

RIP Paco. Travel well!

Ken

I am certainly a fan of the trio stuff, but John McLaughlin and Al di Meola overshadow Paco a little bit. So I recommend also Paco's solo (or sextet) work like Almoraima (1976) and Sólo quiero caminar (1981).
Luckily I have a recording from German TV made in 2010 where he played in Leverkusen, great stuff.

¡Que viva el Maestro Paco de Lucía!
The BEST nylon string/Spanish guitarist EVER!!! (not classical cause he only did a few classical things...)
Always giving Al, Larry and John a nice spanking onstage!!!!

¡Olé Paco!!!

Back