Paradigm Cinema satellites for heights?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somethingcleveridunno

Steven Wilson 5.1 mix of "Plastic Love" when?
QQ Supporter
So my better half and I have been talking about eventually expanding what's currently our thrifted/FB Marketplace 7.1 to a 7.1.4, starting with swapping the rears for front heights (receivers still cost half what I paid for a nice, low-mileage car).

At present it's AR TSW 510 mains, TSW 210 surrounds, a Paradigm CC100 center, Paradigm Cinema v1 rears, and a Cambridge PSW-1 sub (Utah A-90s only get used for stereo, mains are on an A/B switch).

The room (furnished half of the basement) is 130" wide, 85" high, and we sit about 130" back, with the surrounds over our shoulders as a compromise between viewing angle and room size.

I come across Paradigm Cinema satellites pretty often for under $25/pair, and even have a 5.1 in the guest room/my home office upstairs where I'm typing this, a Cinema 70 5-piece, that I like. They also have mounting holes on the back. Paradigm discontinued the original ball mounts, but there's a French PA company still making them, and they have a pretty good range of adjustment.

Dumb idea, solid idea?

Attachments

• photo_2024-03-17_18-48-18.jpg
    photo_2024-03-17_18-48-18.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back