Peter Gabriel "So" 1986 CD vs 2013 CD anyone?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Palfreyman

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I have the original 1986 pressing of So on CD and am wondering if I should buy the 25th anniversary single CD released this year? I'm not interested in any of the additional material in the 3 disc or special edition. Just the straight CD.

Has anyone on this forum done a side by side comparison of the 2013 version vs the 1986 (NOT 2002) version? Is there any discernable difference?

I haven't heard it but I'll see what I can find out. I am fairly certain it is a new transfer from the original Master but I'll try and confirm (it may take a little while) - the son of someone I worked with was involved in the So 2013 release (I did ask why no 5.1 mix, but he didn't/couldn't answer that one!). So I didn't buy the So box set as there was no 5.1 version.

I haven't heard it but I'll see what I can find out. I am fairly certain it is a new transfer from the original Master but I'll try and confirm (it may take a little while) - the son of someone I worked with was involved in the So 2013 release (I did ask why no 5.1 mix, but he didn't/couldn't answer that one!). So I didn't buy the So box set as there was no 5.1 version.

Thank you so much! :) There's no rush so I can wait no problem. I didn't get the box for exactly the same reason, but it's a brilliant album so I will certainly buy the single CD version if it's worth having.

Back