Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rusinurbe

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
As deep and rumbly a bass as anyone can expect and great surround mix and a very interesting departure from the acoustic guitar side of Ant.

I love the mix good use of the whole sound field.

very strong 9 verging on 10

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Considering there's a lack of reviews (and votes) for this disc, I decided to revisit it today.
I'm giving it a '9', breaking my vote down this way:

Content (Music): 2/3
Surround Mix: 3/3
Fidelity: 3/3
High-Res Disc: 1/1

I'm not really sure my vote on fidelity is 100% accurate, but then again, it's hard to judge fidelity on a record like this that is largely synth-driven. I certainly did not hear any imperfections in the fidelity to bring my vote down on those terms.
The surround mix is perfect for the material, and it's very discrete! This is the kind of record that was designed for surround sound, even though it would take almost 30 years to actualize it. I just gave the music 2/3 because a lot of it does sound alike after a while, but I still recommend that a lot of you pick up this disc and check it out for yourselves! :)

blue.monk

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
This is the first title in the series that I had not previously owned so I've taken some extra time absorbing it before voting. First off it's a shame that they've eliminated the mini-box packaging! I was quite fond of that. Anyway it's an enjoyable, though perhaps not essential, album IMO consisting of 4 synth and drumbox based instrumental pieces. It never gets too adventurous but there are some nice, unexpected twists and turns and the arrangements are clever and entertaining. The surround mix is wonderful and perhaps elevates the material beyond what it can deliver in 2-channel. I give it an 8.

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This one flew under my radar!!

Will listen a few more times before voting
But so far I'm thoroughly enjoying this release
Great mix
And I'm totally agreeing with the first three reviews.
I reckon this needs a bit more exposure.
It won't be out of place in most folks collection...imo.

Last edited:

samskeyti

Listening now. Excellent surround disc 10/10 for me.

My favorite Ant album. Love the quirkiness of the music. Totally agree with the Steven Wilson quote that “it isn’t really an electronic album at all, more like an Anthony Phillips album that just happens to be played on synthesizers instead of guitars”.

wonderful surround mix that brings out every nuance of the music.

sam

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You should hear Cornholio sing "Lesbian Seagull"
Listening now. Excellent surround disc 10/10 for me.

My favorite Ant album. Love the quirkiness of the music. Totally agree with the Steven Wilson quote that “it isn’t really an electronic album at all, more like an Anthony Phillips album that just happens to be played on synthesizers instead of guitars”.

wonderful surround mix that brings out every nuance of the music.

sam
Welcome back to the QQ forum samskeyti !