Pink Floyd In Concert

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your math is interesting, but perplexing. I see you placing the average cost for a 2019 ticket at $96.17. I am not sure how that number is derived.

As noted the info came from Pollstar. It is a trade publication /website for the concert industry. It gets its information primarily from the agents, managers and promoters who produce concerts. It is an average cost of all concerts: clubs to mega events.

As noted the info came from Pollstar. It is a trade publication /website for the concert industry. It gets its information primarily from the agents, managers and promoters who produce concerts. It is an average cost of all concerts: clubs to mega events.
Thanks for the source. I guess most of what I want to see is the old dinosaurs making the rounds in arenas, and not so much the club scene.

And, to bring it back to the header topic, it was The Eagles, and then Pink Floyd, who started the trend of the high dollar ticket price, back in 1994.

And this is interesting seeing as PF had Volkswagen sponsor the tour to keep ticket prices down. I was willing to pay $60 for the VIP section the two times I saw them in Texas, and I considered that a fortune as I was just a college student with a part time job.

It is amazing Pink Floyd starting a weekly concert series on YouTube to keep us entertained thru the lockdown. I would like to go to Pink Floyd concert in reality someday. But now during lockdown, it was nice to watch their video concerts. When you spent all your time at home, you always think about what to do. Every day me and my wife came up with new activities for our children. Recently, for example, my son had a birthday. He couldn't invite friends, so we gave him a party with only our family members. We rented the equipment from the sound and light hire company Surrey. They can offer you range or sound & lighting packages at a reasonable & competitive rate.

Last edited:
And, to bring it back to the header topic, it was The Eagles, and then Pink Floyd, who started the trend of the high dollar ticket price, back in 1994.

I love the album Desperado but if what you say is true then I can see why The Big Lebowski feels the way he does about the Eagles:

I love the album Desperado but if what you say is true then I can see why The Big Lebowski feels the way he does about the Eagles:
Well the movie was shot from January to April 1997, so it was in production after that "pioneering" tour. Their ticket prices were as good a reason as any to take a shot at them.

I'm pretty jazzed, got tickets to see,
Classic Albums Live: Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon"
next Friday at the Orlando Hard Rock. I've seen the real Floyd 3 times
over the years, 1994 D-Bell the last, so this group of guys got a hard row to hoe.
I'm hoping to get stoned enough to forget where I am. :rocks
https://www.hardrock.com/live/locat...?date=3/26/2021&display=event&eventid=1668600
I saw this years ago when they came to town and it was pretty damn good. I was mightily impressed and they did all the sound effects by hand live which is no mean feat and very inventive. Have fun.

Back