Pioneer DV-563A firmware campaign

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, my digital co-ax is dead - never occurred to me it might have been the firmware upgrade. Optical still works, but since I only have one tos link cable it would be nice if the co-ax worked. Much too late for me to complain though...

fyi,

looks like an .iso of at least one of the versions of the firmware update is out there. Good on these people and FUCK Pioneer.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=6912149&&#post6912149

I searched the WWW and was able to find a 2.09 firmware upgrade. I burned the ISO image to cd using nero and popped it in my Pioneer. It upgraded the firmware and now the Heads dual discs play fine. I'm hoping the Neil Young dvd-a's will play properly now too!

Kev

Here it is ( DV-575A ver. 2.09 ):

http://board.softpedia.com/index.php?showtopic=439&st=0&p=4939&#entry4939

1. Save File and unzip
2. Burn to cd-r ( I used EZCD creator )
3. Load into player. ( I have the pioneer DV-578A )
4. At upgrade menu, press play
5. Drawer will open and the player's display will read "loading". Wait. Drawer will close.
6. Open drawer, remove disk

You will have to reset all initial settings at the main menu.

This solved my Talking Heads Brick problem and right now I'm doing a bit of this: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Spence

A great find!

If this works on the 578 as well you should start a new thread so that 578 owners see it. I hate to think of anybody missing out on these discs!

I would make sure that you have the correct firmware for the 563. The 575 may not do it for you.

spenceo said:
Here it is ( DV-575A ver. 2.09 ):

http://board.softpedia.com/index.php?showtopic=439&st=0&p=4939&#entry4939

1. Save File and unzip
2. Burn to cd-r ( I used EZCD creator )
3. Load into player. ( I have the pioneer DV-578A )
4. At upgrade menu, press play
5. Drawer will open and the player's display will read "loading". Wait. Drawer will close.
6. Open drawer, remove disk

You will have to reset all initial settings at the main menu.

This solved my Talking Heads Brick problem and right now I'm doing a bit of this: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Spence

Can you please provide some more detail? I tried this with my 578A and got a "Can't play dic" message on my TV display. The 578 display says "CD" and the file on the CD is a 1.82MB file with the following filename: B4BA2096.BIN

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Anthony

Boy, it sure would be nice if you were able to get this out to some of us that don't really want to part with our players. If you happened to keep a copy of it before you sent it back I can be reached at jsirgey@gmail<takemeout>.com

Is anyone aware of a version newer than 1.906 for the 563A, and if so, does it actually work or cause other problems with the player?

My Pioneer 563A won't read the Advanced Resoluation Stereo DVDA layer. It reads the multi-channel layer fine but it just gives a chirp when I hit play on the advanced stereo layer reading the disc with no sound.
*This is the only DVDA disc in my collection I have trouble, I do have the most recent software upgrade.

THANKS,
Joe

Ed Bishop said:
Isn't the 563A one that has had problems with some DVD-A's? The DV45-A plays mine just fine in all respects....

ED :)

If you haven't had the firmware upgrade, yes. Post-upgrade, I've had no problems with ANY discs whatsoever, until Soft Bulletin.

I have the firmware upgrade also on my 563A. Looks like I need to re-load it to correct the problem on the Hotel California disc. All my other discs work fine after the upgrade.

Please send firmware uprade link if anyone has it. Or if some could please burn it and send it to me I'll return a favor.

THANKS!

lojee82netscape.net

Hi all. Sorry for not getting back to you folks sooner; I do have an ISO of the 1.906_sglstp firmware that I could send. It's easily emailed. However, I've heard that there is a 2.09 upgrade available now... which may FINALLY fix my Queensryche Empire DVD-A. (I thought the 1.9 would fix it. Not so much.)

Has anyone found the 2.09?

And if you still want the 1.90 PM me.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I´ve just done the firmware update on my 563a, with the files kindly provided by other members of this forum (thank you!).
Unfortunately, for anyone who has a 563a with a non-1 region code (mine was 0) this is a no-no. My player doesn't play Brazilian DVDs (region 4) anymore. Just region 0 or 1 DVDs.
Brazilians and people outside "region 1"... Beware!
Anybody knows a way of reverting this, or a source for a multi-region firmware - even if it's an old one???
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back